Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I will confess that I did not appreciate the brown fishing that we used to have. Most of the browns that I caught were in the surf, (East and West GT Bays, and Frankfort) but I did love to target them from my grandpa's 16fter flat lining floating Raps, straight and jointed types. Bowers Harbor had a phenomenal spring brown trout fishery!!! I just know what the brown fishery can be like, which in current times is not.
Those were the days!! Bowers harbor, East bay by acme creek, Elk Rapids, it was fantastic! frankfort & manistee were great also but I seldom left East bay the fishing was so good!!

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Damn John 😭😭😭, with those Muskegon reports I thought you would’ve ****ed em up. Hopefully it’s not just lakers for me memorial weekend
I was gonna go to manistee but I needed to get my season pass here so I figured what the heck. Some lakers in the cleaning shack. It’ll turn on any day. Lots of wounded alewife on the surface

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Great night overall. First Kings of the season and it felt like it was a long time since last season. 2 for 2. Ended with a 9.4 and a 12.5lber.

Oddly, no lakers.

South of Frankfort (11 miles), found 52° on the surface and 48 at the ball. 75 FoW- both fish on a 10 color/Moonshine RV Happy Meal, so 50’ down.

2.0 speed at the ball. One southward troll and one coming back northward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicely done!!

1 - 20 of 181 Posts