Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
need to start praying these northeast and north blows for three days next week stays true, would bring some good fishin around here
I have always liked some south to the wind, especially in August as it keeps the thermocline deep, and the fish from running the river early. All it takes in August is some cold water, and boom! , a bunch of kings vacate the lake, and the baitfish are all spread out making fishing for anything difficult, and I’ve also found that the fish are easier to catch when they’re deep, and are more willing to bite throughout the day as the sunlight doesn’t bother them near as much.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I honestly can’t remember the last time my boat got spooled, or broken off by a fish. I’m not saying that I’m better than anyone else, but there are things I did to prevent it such as having fresh line, the correct line, the correct size reel for the application, and well maintained reels, and the proper terminal tackle, such as the correct size and strength, and type of swivel for the job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts