Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Offical Team Fan Addicts

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  QDMAMAN 
#1 ·
Here's our thread lets get it done this year..

#4 ·
Just waiting on a couple more team members then we'll be ready to go.. seasons only a few days away now. I have been seeing turkeys everyday so I'm excited to say the least..

#13 · (Edited)
Got my mom to come out Tuesday night. It had been years since I got to hunt turkey. It was blowing hard and the rain was on and off all day but opportunity isn't often so I took it. Sat between Mike and Bry kind of around a tree. After a while of sitting, in front of Bry to my left came a hen, in front of me the decoys, and in front of Mike to my right came a gobbler. I wasn't lined up and it looked like he was going to head back away from us so Mike kept saying he'd shoot it. I decided I would sneak and get turned around this had my heart pumping because I might get busted and of course the anticipation, when I get nervous or excited while hunting I giggle (very problematic at times) so I was fighting that too. I get turned around and I want to stabilize the gun on my knee but I realized that the brush was tall and I am short so I had to stand up but quickly so he didn't scare. I got up fast and got lined up and boom, TC encore, God, and I got it done. The turkey laid there not moving, I was excited and trying to process when mike took off running yelling come on-so I took off. I was confused, like I said first turkey for me and first one I've seen killed in person; i didn't realize he might fly away! So we went up and got him, I thanked him for letting me shoot him and God for letting it happen. What a blessing to be able to hunt and more so to be successful. Thanks for having me on the team this year guys.

#16 ·
The 2015 MILK CARTON AWARD goes to...........................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.