Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally get to start my hunt tommarrow, school has kept me away all week. I am hunting NW lower, where are the birds at as far as mating? Lots of gobbles? Quiet? With hens? Still grouped up? I am not in the area I hunt so I am a little out of the loop. What have you noticed them feeding on? Sorry to be so needy, I am not usually this bad ;)

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or not?? I am headed down tommarrow, I will give a report sometime near the end of the weekend, good luck and be nice to the other hunters you see, one of them might be me!

·
Registered
779 Posts
i have seen quite a bit of movement in the middle of the state here so hopefully the nw lower wont be much different. good luck on that bird

school kept me away from opening day and wednesday and work away kept me away from tuesday, but i went on thursday and scored my first in the morning,hopefully you will get rewarded for your patience

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it was fun!.. I didn't score, the two others with me did however, both on Jakes. I worked a number of gobblers.. at least 12, probably more like 20. Each morning there were lots of gobbles from the roost. Birds were coming down late. They were quiet once the hit the ground. Only noticed one tom strutting. I never heard a hen make any noise all weekend. I think next week will be better. Numbers of birds seems excellent!

I came so close a couple times, I put three toms to bed last night and snuck in really early on them this morning, they gobbled at least 10 times from the roost, then another 5 from the ground and just walked the wrong way, didn't even look at the deke.. then they walked into the main road, spooked and dissappeared. Good luck to all, I might make it out to help my dad hunt next week. (sorry, have no pics of those 2 birds)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts