Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a lakefront cottage. Good summer and ice fishing. Sandy for kids to swim, boat. ATV, snowmobile trails nearby. Cool little town.

Im considering not in this order: Looking for recommendations!

Sage lake
Lake. St Helen
Lake Lancer
Houghton Lake
Secord Lake if the price is right due to the dam not getting fixed until 2025 at the earliest.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Lake St Helen is a great place. It’s not overcrowded, lots of natural shoreline that won’t be built on, decent fishing (summer is pretty good, I don’t ice fish much to know first hand), trails are close, the town is quaint but your close enough to the “big” towns of Houghton Lake and West Branch that have most of your stores.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I would think Lk. St.Helen would be a perfect lake to have a cottage on. The "new" has been worn off it for decades by other bright stars but it still produces and it's close enough to Higgins and Houghton to allow for options. Just my opinion!

Reactions: Titan34

·
Registered
818 Posts
Zillow is a great place to see what places are going for.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zillow is a great place to see what places are going for.
Ive been looking for the past few years. I really have the itch this year and feel I can swing it.. I just want to make sure Im buying on a decent swimming lake for the family. And one thats not to small that I lose interest boating and fishing it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
You can look it up on google or zillow for size comparison, but I’m on Manistee Lake in Kalkaska county, its a 860 ish lake.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have a buddy with a place on St Helen

He calls it St Felon

Take it for what its worth. I personally have no idea. I have a place north of Cadillac, in Amish country. Its not on a lake but there are plenty around. I have a lot of options but it would not be your cup of tea, I know little kids would get bored with it lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts