Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Well.. the boats almost ready.. still working the motor over (tighten up the wires on the coil that were just barley connected) .. batteries are going in this week and trolling motor is going on.. still trying to get in the s.o.s to get it legal,and get the trailer wired.. biggest task in getting a fish finder and mounting the transducer.. less then 2 weeks to finish it.. just wish I knew what safty gear is required for the river..
The river itself is different but just cover all of the bases to be safe. You need 1 life jacket per passenger, 1 throwable, a set of flairs, air horn and last but not least a fire extinguisher. With that you will be legal to fish any water in Michigan. Make sure your extinguisher and flairs are not past there expiration date.

·
Premium Member
29,761 Posts
The river itself is different but just cover all of the bases to be safe. You need 1 life jacket per passenger, 1 throwable, a set of flairs, air horn and last but not least a fire extinguisher. With that you will be legal to fish any water in Michigan. Make sure your extinguisher and flairs are not past there expiration date.
The extinguishers I believe are good for either 10 or 12 years from date of manufacture which is stamped on bottom. A "12" would mean manufactured in 2012.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hope the motor works out well for you. Look forward to seeing you on the water with it.
I look forward to getting it out.. did a little tinkering with the motor the last few weekends. Will be floating it again tomorrow and running it to get a few more bugs out.. thanks again for the motor..

41 - 45 of 45 Posts