Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have these 2 bucks that I have seen chasing doe. I know that bucks dislike other bucks at this time. I got a call and friends dad seen these 2 bucks laying down next to each other while driving truck thru the property.

Is this something bucks may do from time to time or completely odd???

Just curious if he may be pulling my leg lol

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
is one named Barney and the other named Frank? sorry couldn't help it

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
this has been a different year if you ask me, just today my buddy and i seen a feild full of bucks just laying together, go figure.....2 weeks ago i had a big 10 an 8 and a small 6 come thru together. i have never seen it like this......GO FIGURE.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well dam it is an epidemic lol. And I thought it was just TV :p But really that is odd. Especially more of ya seeing the same.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Good indication that the rut has not yet begun. Once the does start smell'in good, all bets will be off. It's just a matter of days before these guys will hate one another. I see groups of buck frequently during the archery season, right up until a day or two before the gun season kicks in. After that I've only seen bucks chasing one another.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I had a small spike and a 3 pt. come in under my stand this morning. They left together too. :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
i talked to a buddy this morning who has 20 acres in muskegon.his neighbor came over and said he had 6 different bucks come in to his stand tuesday night all together.he couldn't believe it.:dizzy:

·
Registered
229 Posts
pretty sure the rut is in full swing I only witnessed buck chaseing and deer pron all last weekend. Unless they screw like that all year

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i talked to a buddy this morning who has 20 acres in muskegon.his neighbor came over and said he had 6 different bucks come in to his stand tuesday night all together.he couldn't believe it.:dizzy:

Odd. weird so many people seeing the same thing. Especially now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts