Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't think of the right words to use for a title but went to Sams Club tonight and the wife got a bucket of kitty litter. These buckets are square and the lid snaps on tight. I use one for dog food for the weekend hunts. I can put enough dry food, dishes, cans of dog food, opener and knife to mix for my three setters for the weekend. I also put my hunting stuff in them, shells, belt with dog first aid kit, flash light, knife, and G.P.S. on it. They hold 40lbs of kitty litter so there solid and I've never had one open bouncing around in the back of the truck.They also sell soap in these buckets for cat haters but the handle is'nt as good. The wife also buys liquid laundry soap in 3 1/2 gallon jugs that stand on end and has a push button to get soap out of. These make great water carriers for dogs after there washed out. Same thing haven't had one leak rattling around in truck. The last thing I use is gator aid bottles(can be filled easly with the soap jug) to carry on me to water the dogs. I like the old style with the pull top but I'm finding out the new twist bottles my youngest dog doesn't chew on while drinking. Another thing I use the buckets for while crow hunting I camo paint them to carry shells and use as a seat this will work great if we ever get a dove season. What are some of the odd things you guys use for your dogs or hunting?

·
Registered
393 Posts
The only thing I really use that you don't see alot of are those Saturn Lighted Collars made by Sunburst. I really like using them , they sure can tell you in a hurry what your dog is doing. They also can tell your buddies what your dog isn't doing!!! :eek:
One of the strangest things I've seen a hunter use was mounting two garbage cans on end to a piece of plywood & cutting two doors in it & laying it on its side in the back of a pick-up truck!Here I am paying $350 bucks for a box & this guy has on for less than $20.:confused: The dogs didn't seem to mind riding in the cans!!!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts