Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an observer for the St. Joseph Steelheaders Tournament this weekend. Tournament is Friday and Saturday. Mandatory meeting for observers and crew is Thursday night at 7:00 PM. Please PM me if interested.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
GlenK said:
What's an observer do?

Sorry... I'm the newbie around here.

Glen
When fishing most Big Lake Tournaments the Pro’s and some time the Top Am’s, are required to supply an observer. The observer is placed on another team’s boat to make sure that team follows all the tournament rules, keep a log book of what time, weight and what type of fish are caught.

Steve

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I have observed a few time in my life and it seemed to me that the boats that I were on always tried to get the observer drunk.:confused: But I have always had a great time.

GlenK,

Since your new to the big lake fishing it is also a good way to get out with people that know their way around a boat and to watch and take notes on what they do.

Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks Steve... I was wondering if that's what it was about.

It would be a good way to learn the ropes on big lake fishing... I've been out twice and haven't scored a thing.

Glen

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
yep if ya want to learn thats the way to do it,they dont hold much back when it comes to these types of tournys.marks fishin pro div so you'll end up on probaly a charter boat for the weekend. 2 day charter trip for free and ya might win $500 if your team your an observer for wins.lots of good food at the awards dinner too but dont think they'll have the world famous APPLE BETTY :bowdown::bowdown: there, but they'll have plenty of good eats.will make for a good weekend for sure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey Mark... I ended up going both days on Carl's (Fuzzy Bear) team. It was quite the experience for me. Fuzzy was a pretty good guy. He took me out Thursday fishing while he scouted and was pretty patient with all my stupid questions.

We caught some good fish on thursday. I ended up on Mike's boat (Hunter) out of Ludington for both Friday and Saturday. Learned a TON of stuff watching both Fuzzy and the Hunter crew...

... not to mention - I don't have my sea legs yet. Saturday was pretty tough on me. I couldn't stand up in the boat! Couldn't keep my balance... they said I'll get used to it, but man...

Anyway - learned a lot and had a good time. I think I'm doing it again for the Ludington tourney coming up in July.

Glen

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Glen,

You should count your blessings,,,,,,you were on 2 of the best boats out there. Both fuzzy and Hunter were in the money and they are super boats. I hope you you had fun and enjoyed the rides. I bet when you watch them on the back of their boats, they were a machine.

Mark

·
Registered
134 Posts
adjusted3 said:
Glen,

You should count your blessings,,,,,,you were on 2 of the best boats out there. Both fuzzy and Hunter were in the money and they are super boats. I hope you you had fun and enjoyed the rides. I bet when you watch them on the back of their boats, they were a machine.

Mark
Hey Mark... it was a great weekend! I couldn't believe it on Saturday - Russ had the boat up to full speed at the shotgun, and those guys were out in the back getting lines ready like they were standing on solid ground. :yikes:

Saturday was the roughest water I, personally, have ever been in. I'll find my sea legs one of these days... I hope. :(

Glen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts