Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a smaller lake in Oakland that's been good to me in the past today. Ended up with 12 keeper gills, 5 crappies, and 1 Walleye that was a quarter inch shy of being legal. Was awesome landing it even though I couldn't keep it, great fight on 3lb test. Guy next to me laughed and said he thought i was lying when i said there was a few in there. Ice was 3 1/2 inches of black ice with maybe a half inch of grey ice on top. Most fish hit within a few feet of the bottom and i got all mine on a gold tungsten jig tipped with either spikes or waxies.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also got into a dozen or so Redears on a different lake yesterday, lots of smaller fish but healthy looking with decent shoulders to em

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did decent today as well, biggest gill was 9 1/4. Also saw folks out near the middle of lake orion today, on the sandbar side though.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Did decent today as well, biggest gill was 9 1/4. Also saw folks out near the middle of lake orion today, on the sandbar side though.
60 gills of which 25 we could have kept and 2 nice bass on tip ups. Small Lake near Lake Orion

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was gonna say the same lol, could be one the private ones out there though.

Reactions: RLWagner

·
Registered
80 Posts
Giving this a bump...I'm specifically wondering about Lakeville though. There were reports earlier that there was ice, so I'm guessing it still has ice? It is pretty out of the way for me to drive by, otherwise I'd take a look myself...

·
Registered
11,841 Posts
Kid and his buddy were on it for a couple hours yesterday. Didn't do anything, but I don't know how hard they tried. Had a new vex they wanted to play with.

·
Registered
80 Posts
people talk about lakeville but never mention catching any fish thereo_O
Haha, that seems to be pretty true most of the time! I've only fished it once or twice ice fishing and didn't have much luck...I have done well open water there though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts