Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts

Went out for a evening fish with my daughter the other night and she hooked this nice hog. She caught it using a Fin-S minnow she thought looked pretty. She told me she had a big one on and when I saw her rod bent over I thought it was weeds or a snag. I engcouraged her to keep realing and to be honest didnt pay much attention. A minute later I heard a splash and it was the fish doing some acrobats. She managed to get it up to our Kayak, 5-1/2 ft light action spinning rod with 6lb test. Didnt have a net, so I did have to take the rod so I could get it in the boat but as far as im concerned it was her catch.

She's always loved fishing and been completely content catching panfish to this point. This was her first time actually casting and everything on her own and second time using an artificial lure. A couple days earlier I was teaching her how to cast and she hooked a nice 12" smallie on an rapala. She wants nothing to do with bobber fishing anymore.

Oh yeah, all I got that night was a 6" rock bass.

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great stuff, you gotta be proud!

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
I'd say your doing a great job there dad! Congrats to your daughter as well. I have one who loves to fish too and since she's not into putting worms on the hook she uses gulp, rubber worms and body baits, and with great succuss I might add! :D

I see your daughter seems to have the same phobia as mine, cant seem to get over touching a fish. I bought her a few pair of the brown jersey and yellow/orange cotton gloves with rubber grippers on the inside of the fingers. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
NICE catch for the girl! I love that she's holding it with a towel! Too cute! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts