Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Nymph Fishing

1143 4
This spring I decided I was going to really concentrate on trout fishing this summer. Well I haven't had the time I'd like but I have managed my biggest brown and rainbow. I also got my first trout on a dry fly. Up until this point I've been throwing elk hair caddis and just some other general drys along with a handful of streamers. So now I want to do some nymph fishing. I've tried with some pheasant tail nymphs and etc. but I just cant seem to get the hang of casting them with a strike indicator on them and etc. I've heard of using dry's for indicators so how do I rig a setup like that. Also how can I tell if my nymph is deep enough. Some of the holes I wanna fish them in I cannot see the bottom to judge depth. Also if anyone has any other tips or any general nymphs I should be tying up for when I head back up to school in the U.P my ears are open.
Thanks
Undertow
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Thanks alot guys, I was not giving my nymph enough line among the many things I was doing wrong. I really appreciate the advice and I think all I need now is time on the water. Hopefully I will be able to get some hang of it before I head up to school in a month.
Thanks again
Undertow
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.