Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least they love Harrys 1" spoon tipped with waxies. Gave a few away the second day before the pic was snapped. 17 whities each day. Ramlundman also got a bonus 7 1/2# pike on an 18" rod and 4# test. Thought he had the mother of all whities. All fish came on Ficious' stuff.
Best producer was one of Harrys white mag zitz.
http://www.ficiousjigs.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
35' down over 55' was pretty much the key both days.
See, they work just fine N of 10.:)

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
John,

Hit that one right on the head. Them's smoker ammo. Good job Paul/Ramlundman:D!!

Joeker51 should be here in a minit with some sorta "whiteficious" comment.

Harry

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

I thought you didn't ice fish PAUL????

:SHOCKED:

So them there are Menominees?? They look kinda like Tulibees in the piX, but EITHER way - that is some damn good sm0kin' AND eatin'...

w|-|00PA$ss job boYz!!

:evilsmile :mischeif:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Let me clear the air here----PAUL DOES NOT ICE FISH AT ALL!!!!!!---- Even when we found fish, he could not be coerced into fishing so I went with a local guy and started out fishing for perch but quickly changed tactics when we saw one of those beauties landed--It's funny, as soon as I opened this thread, the guy I went with called me and said that we had misidentified the fish as whitefish--it turns out that they are something from the Herring family--I'm sure they'll be good when they come out of the smoker---Long story short is that FICIOUS JIGS AND SPOONS ROCK!-- I left the local guy several jigs and spoons out of my stash and picked up quite a few more at Nautical Mile BP after I dropped Paul off last night on my way back to Ohio--Harry, thanx for a great product, your attention to detail is apparent, next I'm gonna show the saugeye, crappie, perch and bluegill down here in Ohio a thing or three---TIGHT LINES FOLKS!!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
it turns out that they are something from the Herring family--I'm sure they'll be good when they come out of the smoker
You are correct they all look to be Lake Herring otherwise known as Cisco or Tullibee. I think I do see one whitefish in the bunch second picture 4th from the right all others seem to be cisco. Also whitefish tend to feed at or near bottom same with menominee and most were said to have been caught suspended at 35' down in 55' fow which is a characteristic of the way a cisco feeds. They'll smoke just fine......good job. Ficious jigs rock :bowdown:.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
If those are 'scoes and not menominee, you've got some master anglers on yer hands!!! 17" FYI...

I love them things!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts