Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At least they love Harrys 1" spoon tipped with waxies. Gave a few away the second day before the pic was snapped. 17 whities each day. Ramlundman also got a bonus 7 1/2# pike on an 18" rod and 4# test. Thought he had the mother of all whities. All fish came on Ficious' stuff.
Best producer was one of Harrys white mag zitz.
http://www.ficiousjigs.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5
35' down over 55' was pretty much the key both days.
See, they work just fine N of 10.:)

·
Super Moderator
37,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, sworn by our host to not reveal any more than NWLP. There are lots of lakes up there with Whities in them, last year we nailed them on Torch. Didn't fish it this year. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Way to go PaulieBoy!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Those look like Lake Herring. Whitefish have a mouth on the bottom. Looks like you may have a couple Whitefish. One for sure in the second pic.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Those sure look like herring/Menominee to me. Especially since you got them suspended, whities r usually bottom dwellers, rooters, or swine;)

·
Registered
20,902 Posts
Those look like Lake Herring. Whitefish have a mouth on the bottom. Looks like you may have a couple Whitefish. One for sure in the second pic.
Thats why they didnt look right......I never caught menominee/herring.
The only one that looks like a higgins lake whitefish is the 4th from right 2nd photo....not so silvery

·
Registered
802 Posts
They look a lot like cisco (lake herring) to me. Don't look fat enough to be whities but really can't tell without a good look at their mouth.

·
Super Moderator
37,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought they looked a little different myself, but two guys who live there said "whitefish" so we went with it. I have caught cisco in L Superior, but they didn't have that dark blue back. One thing I do know is that the smoker was fired up an hour ago. :D

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,362 Posts
So can you email me a hunk ????

:corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55

·
Registered
882 Posts
They are not Menominee either. Menonimee have mouths on the bottom also. What gives Menonimee away is their shape. They look like a big cigar. Long and round.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Something did not just look quite right as far as whitefish go. And I have been lucky enough to catch a whitefish or two in the past.

Regardless... Nice catch Paul!!!

You ARE going to let us know when they are done from the smoker... aren't you? :D

Something to munch on while watching a little football tomorrow... YUMMY!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Today, 02:55 PM
ramlund man
Tracker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me clear the air here----PAUL DOES NOT ICE FISH AT ALL!!!!!!---- Even when we found fish, he could not be coerced into fishing so I went with a local guy and started out fishing for perch but quickly changed tactics when we saw one of those beauties landed--It's funny, as soon as I opened this thread, the guy I went with called me and said that we had misidentified the fish as whitefish--it turns out that they are something from the Herring family--I'm sure they'll be good when they come out of the smoker---Long story short is that FICIOUS JIGS AND SPOONS ROCK!-- I left the local guy several jigs and spoons out of my stash and picked up quite a few more at Nautical Mile BP after I dropped Paul off last night on my way back to Ohio--Harry, thanx for a great product, your attention to detail is apparent, next I'm gonna show the saugeye, crappie, perch and bluegill down here in Ohio a thing or three---TIGHT LINES FOLKS!!!!

Read more at Michigan-Sportsman.com: NWLP Whitefish like Ficious' products. - The Michigan Sportsman Forums http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365541#ixzz1BnVA0b4O

1 - 20 of 25 Posts