Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is Papa Greco also known as the Nitecrawlr on the VHS in Brest Bay. I mainly fish and hunt in Jackson county though I will go fishing anywhere in the state. My favorite fish is walleye, with largemouth a close second. When I had the boat for it, chinook were king (sorry about the pun).

I am also a sausage maker, been making sausage for over 30 years. If you have any questions about making sausage, or related items (corned venison, etc.) - just ask.

Looking forward to finding out about other fisherpeople and hunters in Michigan. Mike (Papa) Greco

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
You said "when you had a boat for it". If you don't have one I will invite you out if you can make it to Ludington when we go in Aug. My boat's not the biggest but it will get the job done.
I also troll Erie for walleye and I'm open to other techniques and am always looking for someone to come along.
Shoot me a PM in the spring if you're interested or anytime for that matter if you want to shoot the breeze.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the offer, I just might take you up on it! I still have a couple of salmon tackle boxes!

Your boat reminds me of the last boat I had that I could trailer. It was a 1984 20 ft. Renken cuddy cabin. Had it all decked out with an aluminum downrigger board with 4 Cannon Digitrolls - all with long arms and ball buddies. I wired electrical outlets to the inside gunwales of the boat, and added plugs to the downrigger wires so I just had to plug them in to the outlets. I had a planer board mast plate bolted to the boat where the windshield opened so I had to keep the window open when trolling with it, but it was so convenient to have it right where I was driving. We were quite a sight, a small 20 ft. boat trolling all of the lines! It really got exciting when we had 2 screamers on at once.

Thank you for replying, you brought back a lot of great memories! Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts