Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the NRC meeting today?

They have to adopt all the CWAC suggestions, correct? So until then I am not booking my vacation days.:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,082 Posts
MDNR Waterfowl Workgroup and the CWAC will make a joint recommendation at this meeting. The fact that a joint recommendation will be made tomorrow will increase the likelyhood of acceptance and passing by the NRC.

But....it ain't over till it's over.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lo Brass--

That is what I am thinking, its not over until its over.............

Pretty radical changes, not saying good or bad, just saying.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Lo Brass--

That is what I am thinking, its not over until its over.............

Pretty radical changes, not saying good or bad, just saying.

Radical changes? Like what? Pretty consistant with years past. Goose is a little different but not that far out there.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Radical changes? Like what? Pretty consistant with years past. Goose is a little different but not that far out there.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Hey, if you want real change, lobby your CWAC. Maybe the season date can get changed up a bit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Radical hanges;

90 day Z2 goose season,

Earliest UP opener that I can re-call.

Split Z3 goose season in September.

Don't get me wrong I am for an adaptable/flexible regulations.

But it wasn't that long ago, we had a very limited 30 day goose season.

Bring on the changes!

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
I'd like to propose a "no closed season on trash chic....er...geese". Hell, we're at 90 days, plus the early and late seasons now. Why not year round? Or maybe a special "molt" season where we only allow fish nets and clubs instead of guns? Kinda like the old baby seal clubbing videos we all used to see.

Next...a bounty on cormorants :evilsmile

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Geez, I thought my last post woulda gotten a rise out of a few more of you? :lol: Some of you are supposed to have my back on these kinds of attempts at humor? And where's Caddis' comeback? I thought the baby seal analogy would've gotten a bit more play time :evilsmile

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I liked the term "sky carp" in a previous discussion.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Hey, hey now, don't be dissing those pristine birds coming in from the northern boreal forests fat on wild celery and sedge grasses. They don't tast like nitorgen and phosphorus like those birds coming off the golf courses :lol::D

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Hey, hey now, don't be dissing those pristine birds coming in from the northern boreal forests fat on wild celery and sedge grasses.
You mean to say they don't fly over from the nearest sewage pond?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts