Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
I haven't heard one single word about the NRA, it's purpose and any of Wayanoo's rants this whole election cycle. They are a non force in external communication. Their internal communication must be good because people are still donating.
All depends on what type of media you view. NRA had a lot of advertising out this past election season. No reason for the NRA to try and spend advertising $ on CNN.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I was a member for one year. I felt that it was a good cause. But when I was sent things every other week asking for more money I figured out where my membership money went. Had they just used the money for what it was intended for I would still be a member but I felt that they spent more money than I paid for my membership trying to get more money from me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne...taled,total annual compensation to $5,110,985.

"In 2015, NRA contributions totaled $95 million. In that year, LaPierre received a $3.7 million deferred compensation distribution from his "employee funded deferred compensation plan", which was required by federal law, and according to the NRA raised his total annual compensation to $5,110,985."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...a9ef54-07cf-11ea-b388-434b5c1d7dd8_story.html

Agree.

·
Premium Member
15,927 Posts
Oh, but they have their avid kool aid drinking followers. The NRA uses those go to war, protect your freedom words and the lemmings follow them, and by the way, give them all the money they ask for.
Maybe you should read cappers post. There is a reason the gun grabbers hate the NRA.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_LaPierre#:~:text=In 2015, NRA contributions totaled,total annual compensation to $5,110,985.

"In 2015, NRA contributions totaled $95 million. In that year, LaPierre received a $3.7 million deferred compensation distribution from his "employee funded deferred compensation plan", which was required by federal law, and according to the NRA raised his total annual compensation to $5,110,985."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...a9ef54-07cf-11ea-b388-434b5c1d7dd8_story.html

Agree.
You listed compensation/pay. What about the perks external to the package. Harbaugh gets about $670,000 compensation but bonuses and perks can equal 8 mill. I'm Sure Wayno has a similar contract.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
You listed compensation/pay. What about the perks external to the package. Harbaugh gets about $670,000 compensation but bonuses and perks can equal 8 mill. I'm Sure Wayno has a similar contract.
Right.
If I am reading correctly, Wayne LaPierre received an equivalency of over 5% of the overall NRA contributions for that year.

That's 5%!!!
Yikes!!!

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Right.
If I am reading correctly, Wayne LaPierre received an equivalency of over 5% of the overall NRA contributions for that year.

That's 5%!!!
Yikes!!!
The number you provided is not everything the NRA takes in. Very misleading piece of information NRAs gross revenue the year in question was over $300M. The number you posted from Wikipedia has a citation that goes to an article with the gross revenue number, which includes donations and fund raisers above the membership contributions.

What needs to be asked is what could Wayne make else where as an executive Vice President. Non profits have to still pay well if they want top talent. Bet he could make more at big tobacco/oil or else where.

I sure wouldn't want to be the head figure of an organization trying to protect our rights that gets crapped on by everyone that is opposed to those rights and by those that claim to support our rights and get piss poor pay

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
The number you provided is not everything the NRA takes in. Very misleading piece of information NRAs gross revenue the year in question was over $300M. The number you posted from Wikipedia has a citation that goes to an article with the gross revenue number, which includes donations and fund raisers above the membership contributions.

What needs to be asked is what could Wayne make else where as an executive Vice President. Non profits have to still pay well if they want top talent. Bet he could make more at big tobacco/oil or else where.

I sure wouldn't want to be the head figure of an organization trying to protect our rights that gets crapped on by everyone that is opposed to those rights and by those that claim to support our rights and get piss poor pay
You make a good point.

However, could they find a leader as qualified or even more affective than the one that they have now for much less cost?

I bet they could......

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_LaPierre#:~:text=In 2015, NRA contributions totaled,total annual compensation to $5,110,985.

Agree.
The 3.7M in 2015 was a distribution from his NRA retirement account, not salary. His salary is around $1M

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
The 3.7M in 2015 was a distribution from his NRA retirement account, not salary. His salary is around $1M
Oh, I understand.....It is still a cost to the NRA.

Is he worth it?
Seems like there are a number of issues within the leadership of the NRA.
Perhaps he has just run his course with the organization.

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
Oh, I understand.....It is still a cost to the NRA.

Is he worth it?
Seems like there are a number of issues within the leadership of the NRA.
Perhaps he has just run his course with the organization.

A cost he gets if he works for the NRA or not.

If he has run his course why was he reelected by the board in 2019? Not a single board member voice a nomination for anyone else for his role, all while these internal struggles are going on.

Without a doubt the NRA has issues. Just pointing out inaccurate information in your post.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
A cost he gets if he works for the NRA or not.

If he has run his course why was he reelected by the board in 2019? Not a single board member voice a nomination for anyone else for his role, all while these internal struggles are going on.

Without a doubt the NRA has issues. Just pointing out inaccurate information in your post.
Well, the board has every right to support him.
They possibly could use some more diversity in thought on the board too.
I dunno.

What was inaccurate about my post?

If you are referencing my comment: "If I am reading correctly, Wayne LaPierre received an equivalency of over 5% of the overall NRA contributions for that year."

You will note that I said "equivalency"...meaning that it may not have come from the income that year...but it was paid that year.

If you are talking about the overall revenue...We are citing two different metrics.
As far as the difference between salary and compensation....are you saying that his non-salary compensation comes from another source other than the NRA coffers? If not, it is in play for discussion.

It is Ok for us to respectfully disagree on the value that one individual brings to that organization. I simply sense that I am not alone...and I suppose neither are you.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
You make a good point.

However, could they find a leader as qualified or even more affective than the one that they have now for much less cost?

I bet they could......
Charles Hesten? "My cold dead hands"

Reactions: motdean

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
The real truth is that if the NRA was up front about their income and expenses as required, maybe the State of New York wouldn't have had to resort to such drastic measures. Perhaps more importantly, the members could see what is going on.

New York has a long history of cracking down on both non-profits that spend excessively on things outside their stated purpose, as well as on for-profits that are guilty of price gouging.

·
Registered
10,797 Posts
You make a good point.

I bet they could......

Maybe, but the guy is dedicated to the mission and a super intense individual that holds the NRA and the 2nd Amendment in the highest regard. Just listen to him speak, he’s very intense and focused on the mission of the NRA.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts