Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Now that's a rack - TEAM 10 Official Thread!

11K views 194 replies 21 participants last post by  kevin2 
#1 ·
Have at it...

I'm going scouting tomorrow. Might even get a spotting scope to do some long distance scouting of a couple spots that are hard to get at with prevailing winds. Shall see...

#6 ·
Sweet press, Kevin. There have been times I could have used one instead of taking a trip to the archery shop. Every time I go to the shop I leave with something I didn't plan on buying, and probably didn't need. Lol

I'm going Salmon fishing on the Lower Manistee this weekend so no deer related activities for me. My brother and nephew will be out for the youth hunt on Saturday. He's 8 but it's his 3rd year hunting. My brother wants him to shoot the first deer in range so we will see if he shoots or holds out for a buck like he has wanted to the last couple years.

#7 ·
yep, my son and I are also going Salmon fishing this weekend. Suppose to be nasty storms though. WE ARE GOING ANYWAYS!

This is the first year in many many years I won't be on a youth hunt with one of my kids. They are all grown now. BUMMER!

Water Smile Sunglasses Sky Salmon-like fish

Sweet press, Kevin. There have been times I could have used one instead of taking a trip to the archery shop. Every time I go to the shop I leave with something I didn't plan on buying, and probably didn't need. Lol

I'm going Salmon fishing on the Lower Manistee this weekend so no deer related activities for me. My brother and nephew will be out for the youth hunt on Saturday. He's 8 but it's his 3rd year hunting. My brother wants him to shoot the first deer in range so we will see if he shoots or holds out for a buck like he has wanted to the last couple years.

#8 ·
Beautiful fish, I hope to bring back a few pics. I try not to let weather dictate my hunting and especially fishing, so like you I'll be there regardless.

#20 ·
Sorry guys. Picked up a side job in chicago and have been working my butt off. I will be finishing up Saturday or Sunday then im home and on vacation. Good luck catching them kings guys. Ill be getting preped to go to clare county to hunt. Im going to be hunting AMs in isabella county in a big patch of oak trees between a corn field and a soybean field. Evenings clare county between huge swamp and a soybean field

#25 ·
well, had a blast Salmon fishing. The fishing was slow. I had on a few fish, caught one, my son caught 2. Only one really fresh fish. We floated a section of the Betsie, and it was all fished out except one tiny area where guys couldn't get to my foot. More cars on the road early in the morning then I've ever seen
Plant People in nature Branch Gesture Wood
Water Smile Arm People in nature Human body
Vision care White Sunglasses Goggles Style

#29 ·
Well the fishing was slow but the comradery was great! Our group caught a few fish but I was personally skunked on the Lower Manistee. The river was busy but only saw one hook up and everyone we talked to said the same thing... no fish!

My nephew was able to put a doe down saturday night for his first deer ever!

Reactions: brushbuster
#31 ·
Lol sounds like we all are in the same area with a few properties. I have 80 acres at us10 & lake station ave. And some at 115 and cedar road by the buckhorn. The 40 in Mount Pleasant is near the college. I seem to have a couple good deer running around each property though. Congrats on the fish guys and congrats to your nephew on his doe. Looks like a good one!

#34 ·
My pals family farm is just off N Vandecar Rd. in north Central Isabella Co. It's pretty rare when we kill a good buck but I love heading up there. There's something about getting up north (for me anyway) that really makes it feel like deer season. Also being a few minutes from Jay's isn't a bad thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.