Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have at it...

I'm going scouting tomorrow. Might even get a spotting scope to do some long distance scouting of a couple spots that are hard to get at with prevailing winds. Shall see...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
We had all the guys out to the property Saturday to do some treestand checks and clear a few trails. A bit late in the year but we don't hit it to hard until the last week in October.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my new Bow Press, the Bow Time Machine today. Got it put together in no time, and had my daughters Diamond pressed and fixed in just a couple minutes. Awesome press.

IMG_4589.jpg
IMG_4590.jpg

·
Registered
12,782 Posts
Sweet press, Kevin. There have been times I could have used one instead of taking a trip to the archery shop. Every time I go to the shop I leave with something I didn't plan on buying, and probably didn't need. Lol

I'm going Salmon fishing on the Lower Manistee this weekend so no deer related activities for me. My brother and nephew will be out for the youth hunt on Saturday. He's 8 but it's his 3rd year hunting. My brother wants him to shoot the first deer in range so we will see if he shoots or holds out for a buck like he has wanted to the last couple years.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, my son and I are also going Salmon fishing this weekend. Suppose to be nasty storms though. WE ARE GOING ANYWAYS!

This is the first year in many many years I won't be on a youth hunt with one of my kids. They are all grown now. BUMMER!

302414_2142187967260_5184400_n.jpg

Sweet press, Kevin. There have been times I could have used one instead of taking a trip to the archery shop. Every time I go to the shop I leave with something I didn't plan on buying, and probably didn't need. Lol

I'm going Salmon fishing on the Lower Manistee this weekend so no deer related activities for me. My brother and nephew will be out for the youth hunt on Saturday. He's 8 but it's his 3rd year hunting. My brother wants him to shoot the first deer in range so we will see if he shoots or holds out for a buck like he has wanted to the last couple years.

·
Registered
12,782 Posts
Beautiful fish, I hope to bring back a few pics. I try not to let weather dictate my hunting and especially fishing, so like you I'll be there regardless.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shooting the bows at our clubs Platform/broadhead area. Zero to 45 yards. Love shooting there in the evenings getting ready for the last light shooting coming up soon.

10612833_10204051288275502_8583864248671238109_n (1).jpg

10665344_10204051289315528_1122245295356119199_n.jpg

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
We had all the guys out to the property Saturday to do some treestand checks and clear a few trails. A bit late in the year but we don't hit it to hard until the last week in October.
And of course to stock up breakfast snacks for those all day sits!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah.....I might switch it up this year and go with granola bars ;)
Cliff Bars, tastier, and less noise...I just unwrap em at the car, AND then I stick them in my pocket. Still have 2 left in my pocket unwrapped from last December!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry guys. Picked up a side job in chicago and have been working my butt off. I will be finishing up Saturday or Sunday then im home and on vacation. Good luck catching them kings guys. Ill be getting preped to go to clare county to hunt. Im going to be hunting AMs in isabella county in a big patch of oak trees between a corn field and a soybean field. Evenings clare county between huge swamp and a soybean field

1 - 20 of 195 Posts