Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,158 Posts
Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger - Last year's Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger Food Drive was so successful we're repeating it! Bring a sack of non-perishable food items (minimum of 4 pounds or 6 cans of boxes) to the Rock Financial Showplace on Thursday, January 12th and get in the show free. The food will be collected by volunteers from local conservation organizations and donated to the Red Cross and area food banks.

G

·
Neal said:
Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger - Last year's Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger Food Drive was so successful we're repeating it! Bring a sack of non-perishable food items (minimum of 4 pounds or 6 cans of boxes) to the Rock Financial Showplace on Thursday, January 12th and get in the show free. The food will be collected by volunteers from local conservation organizations and donated to the Red Cross and area food banks.
No kidding, I will definetly go if that is the case. I only saw it was gonna cost $9 and I wasn't sure if it was gonna be worth it if I was just going to stop by and take a quick look around. Is it only Thursday that you can get in free with goods?

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Neal said:
Yes, Thursday only

Me and a few other members will be working the booth, make sure you intorduce yourself.
I take that the booth will be up front before the ticket takers, right?

·
Registered
101 Posts
hello

I will be selling my lures out of Lakeside sports shop's Booth... Stop by and mention this site and recive a free Rocker jig#20033" while supplys last.."
see you there
Lurepaintr94
Mark Kulaszewski
Marks Custom Tackle

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I am planning on stopping by the Lakeside booth. Walleye club members can get 10% off of purchases over $50 with a coupon in the club newsletter. I have been toying with the idea of getting a new rod and reel for casting for Walleyes.

Then there are a few other vendors I want to say hello to before I put in a few hours at the club booth.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Stopped by last night with my son....we walked around for a couple of hours. $19 later ($5 for parking - $8 for entry...get your $1 off coupon at the Wendy's on Novi Road - $2.50 for the ice cream cone my son had - $3.50 for the burger, fries and soda to snack on)....we left with a ton of information on Fly Away trips to Northern Ontario - Local charter options - Michigan Outdoor Newspapers....had a blast!

Funny thing too....I was turning around to go to the next booth and almost bumped into Kevin VanDam. Tall sunofagun! After letting him walk away for about a minute...I thought - I can't let this opportunity pass me up. My son and I took off at a pretty good pace....got just behind him and I said, "Kevin"...he turns around and I kindly asked for an autograph...he had the Sharpie ready and everything. He signed an outdoor newspaper for me - we shook hands - and he was off to put on a seminar in the 100,000 gallon lake in the back of the expo center!

Have fun ya'll!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
check my other post on the show.tons of tackle this year.they let my son have about 3 times the tubes i bought. ended up for 3 bucks i got 36 tubes and a pack of falcon weighted hooks.denny's double glow spoons are the bomb and he's a nice guy.check out bob hicks (bobs outdoors) booth. g.l. salmon tackle and the newest arround including ridgeback rattlers and opti tackle copper.most of the regulars from the last 10 years were there too. homer lablanc's grandson runs muskie charters.had good stories. mike gnatikowski as always. the trout pond was run by bill hood ,directer of local bass tournaments.good fly casting instructions.world record fish replica trailer was there. i was there 3 hours and i am going back saturday to meet up and talk to some old fishing buddies working the show.as usual mark romanic, kieth k., gary parsons and the rest of the walleye guys will be there sat.jerry bechold is showing off his big kahunna , a variation on the fish catcher. go go go . best show ever unless you include the silverdome or old palace days and this was probably better.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just about everything u can imagine, More than usual ice fishing stuff was there as well. Its worth the trip. Ill be there this evening, working.

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
lurepaintr94 said:
hello

I will be selling my lures out of Lakeside sports shop's Booth... Stop by and mention this site and recive a free Rocker jig#20033" while supplys last.."
see you there
Lurepaintr94
Mark Kulaszewski
Marks Custom Tackle
Thanks for the free jig, Mark :D

·
Administrator
26,866 Posts
Just got back from there. Real nice show this year. Bought a few things and listened to Jim Barta and Keith Kavacjek. Nice to know we use the same methods and equipment while jigging and trolling. Saw Kevin Van Dam talking(and taking the time) to a father and his 2 sons, real nice guy. But then again most of us fisherman are.:lol:

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll win the boat this year.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Neal said:
Yes, Thursday only

Me and a few other members will be working the booth, make sure you intorduce yourself.
Neal, I am thinking of going sometime this weekend and was wondering if there will be a dorp off for can foods on sight? I dont expect to get in free I would just like to dorp off some can good wile I am there.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
WALLEYE MIKE said:
Maybe if I'm lucky I'll win the boat this year.
That would be TOO COOL Mike !! Went last night and saw Neal, KB, and Kumma. Great show and picked up some sweet Muskie baits now I cant wait for the opener!!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Jerkin, Gilly and I are going this morning cant wait to get there and browes.. Hey there Walleye Mike sorry there bud they have my name on that free new boat :D you can have the 2 year lease on the Dakota.. Troutime was there many booths for muskie stuff? I was hoping to find some muskie board releases? My buddy Bob Wyffels a member of the MOMC is going to be there working the MOMC booth.. Well guys have a good weekend Cya Slick

1 - 20 of 35 Posts