Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at SSP about 9am.

Talked to two boats that were coming in while I was heading out. They said they limited. One boat had the front nav lights still on and in the other boat one guy still had his headlight on - so I am sure they both got an early start. I figured great, just like the last few weeks this will be easy.

Water in the bay was very dirty but was a nice green tint off the point. Found about 40 boats off stoney and set up outside them. It was slow. I saw no nets going either. Lots of marks, no bites. Texted Slimshady who said "whites". Well that did not help much as 2 of my 3 lines were whites. It did give me confidence not to frequently change colors but focus on changing depths and speeds. Tried 15 & 20 back, 30, 40 then 50 & 60 even 70 and 80.

Guess I was just late to the party. It was a slow grind w about a fish an hour for 6 hours. All but one fish came on fruit dots 30 or 35 back at 1.1 to 1.5 sog. Water temp was 40*F. Only 1 big fish, the rest were 17 to 19".

The drive home sucked. I then spent 2 hours washing the salty road ice off the boat and trailer and shop vacuuming the snow out of the boat. I like fishing in the snow, just not the work it entails when it's over.

Only talked to a couple guys in the lot this afternoon. They went out after 8am and struggled too.

Two docks were still in but one was under water when I came in.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

·
41,295 Posts
Thank you for the report!

I got a phone call from a friend saying eyes and perch out of SSP in 15-17 for but no detail beyond that. I didn't really ask since I put all my gear away. But sounded like fishing was pretty good lately.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
We struggled this morning too around the point, all our fish came on bandits 95-120' back, nothing on shorter leads. Red rocket and bumble bee were our best colors. The drive home was not fun, just about every overpass on 75 had an accident between SSP exit and Detroit. My boat was a giant ice block when I got home, it's melting off in the garage now and I'll have to get it back out tomorrow to wash the salt/ grime off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
We went out of Bolles and launched around 8:30. Worked hard for 5, all from the same small area. Probably could have caught 3x as many had we focused on that spot, but kept thinking we would find more. Two of them were really nice 7 lbs or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app. https://SlimshadyCustoms.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts