Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any reference good or bad about this outfit. I am looking for a DIY hunt. From what I have read it is pretty much a trespass fee with some general information on your "lease" Just curious if anyone has any experience regarding pressure etc.. I have had some issues in the past with outfits that parade group after group through their properties.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Does anyone have any reference good or bad about this outfit. I am looking for a DIY hunt. From what I have read it is pretty much a trespass fee with some general information on your "lease" Just curious if anyone has any experience regarding pressure etc.. I have had some issues in the past with outfits that parade group after group through their properties.
I sent you a pm on my opinion of NEMO, It was sent to someone else first so sorry if it refers to other things in it as well.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
I sent you a pm on my opinion of NEMO, It was sent to someone else first so sorry if it refers to other things in it as well.
Any chance you'd be willing to send to me as well. My dad and I were considering them for a possible 2016 hunt. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I spoke to someone recently, and they told me about this place. A group of them hunted there 2 years ago. After being shown some aerials, they went out to hunt, and discovered a lot of litter throughout one parcel, and later discovered another parcel was actually public land. From what he said, they did not have anywhere near the amount of land they claimed to have, and it seemed that a lot of people were being run through the properties. To the extent that there was even an overlap of hunters trying to come in while they were still there(same property).

Thats the short version, but you get the idea.

This is the only thing I have ever heard about the place. Didnt even know it existed until I heard this story

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
I spoke to someone recently, and they told me about this place. A group of them hunted there 2 years ago. After being shown some aerials, they went out to hunt, and discovered a lot of litter throughout one parcel, and later discovered another parcel was actually public land. From what he said, they did not have anywhere near the amount of land they claimed to have, and it seemed that a lot of people were being run through the properties. To the extent that there was even an overlap of hunters trying to come in while they were still there(same property).

Thats the short version, but you get the idea.

This is the only thing I have ever heard about the place. Didnt even know it existed until I heard this story
That's sort of typical of these types of outfitters. If you can catch them the first few years they are in business, it's pretty good hunting. Once they get going the $$$$$ appear in their eyes and they start ramming people through and they hunting goes downhill.

No experience with this outfitter, but have experience with a similar outfitter in IL. First three years we hunted we took some great bucks, including one booner. Then he moved two mobile homes in, in addition to his lodge and another mobile home and things went downhill quickly. That was the year we quit.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have hunted here the past couple years, shot a very nice 8pt my first year, Missed a absolute giant last year and a friend of mine shot a 15pt within a half hour of legal shooting light this morning all on NEMO hunting property. I have nothing but the best to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts