Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the last picture this cam took. Right now it is in the drying out phase, later today I will try to get up the courage to add batteries and assess damages if any.

Looks pretty darned inncocent doesn't he, but somehow I know better.......:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least you know your Camo works... he was convinced he was pecking at the tree!

Well thats one way to look at it.....:lol:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
By far and away the best pictures on here don.
That would make a good 10 by 14 framed.

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By far and away the best pictures on here don.
That would make a good 10 by 14 framed.

Might at that, but I think I've seen my share of Flickers and Woodpeckers for the time being. The cam is repairable, just will take a little time and effort I would rather devote to something else.

Lots of nice pictures posted on the forum by the guys, but thanks for the compliment......:)

·
Registered
821 Posts
If that is not a testimonial to your camo job I don't know what is. Use it as a selling point.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Banned
1,248 Posts
Your 3d camo is good, too good lmfao!!! Great pic anyway, hope you're able to fix the camera!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, maybe too much of a good thing.....:lol:

I powered it up after I was comfortable it had dried out completely and all of the components work fine.
I'll clean up the control board with some isopropyl alchohol and a tooth brush so no corrosion developes, slap in a new fresnal and should be back in business with that bugger soon.

Stuff happens, ya know........:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Maybe the fake bugs on the case of the camera were just a little too much realism? :)

Glad to hear you can salvage the components and get it working again. That's the kind of photo/story that WINS competitions for such things. You might check around and see about maybe winning something for your misery. ;)

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Wow! Thats pretty crazy Don! Its kinda ironic but Sam has been into building bird houses since a couple wrens took up house in one of his boxes in our back yard this spring and had babies. And he just finished his first flicker box that he plans on putting out on our property in Harrison. I guess I can tell him where to find one if none are interested there.:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll gladly send that Flicker your way Brandon, tell Sam to keep his eyes open......:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thankfully it wasn't a Pileated Woodpecker. I have them all over by me and I am pretty sure if it was one of them you would be replacing that control board, and not because of water damage.

·
Premium Member
7,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No doubt about that, those Pileateds have some big peckers....:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts