Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
Door locked or not, a two year old shouldn't be left to wander the house by herself unsupervised, in my honest opinion. I know how much my 2 year old daughter can get into while I'm giving her my full attention.......

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Door locked or not, a two year old shouldn't be left to wander the house by herself unsupervised, in my honest opinion. I know how much my 2 year old daughter can get into while I'm giving her my full attention.......
I agree, they need to be supervised.

KUSH, I hope you get your official Red Ryder carbine-action two-hundred-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and the thing that tells time.!

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
KUSH, I hope you get your official Red Ryder carbine-action two-hundred-shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and the thing that tells time.!
I'll shoot my eye out.......

·
Banned
989 Posts
Both angry that the door wasn't childproof and overjoyed that the child is safe.

DHS will likely review the situation.

Dan, can we ask how Court went for you yesterday (ONLY IF YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IT PUBLICLY).

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Not sure whether to be happy or angry
I'll throw in a third option -- sad

I know **** happens, but I feel sad for the kid that she doesn't have people around her with a better sense of responsibility...

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both angry that the door wasn't childproof and overjoyed that the child is safe.

DHS will likely review the situation.

Dan, can we ask how Court went for you yesterday (ONLY IF YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IT PUBLICLY).

Well the negotiations went a full 15 rounds and I was knocked down once but got up and finished the fight with her suffering 3 knockdowns...:lol: but in the end it was a split decision but in the end I won the match....:evilsmile

Paul, thanks for asking......and as I said before if you ever get to Hespertucky I'll buy you a beer.......

Dan

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Anybody who would allow their child to do this should not be trusted to care for ANY children, including their own. When my kids were small, and in the care of my wife and/or myself, they were never out of our sight for longer than 5 minutes - even if they were just watching television, or coloring. NEVER. How long does it take a kid to drink a toxic cleaning solution? How long to find a knife and harm themselves, or another child? How long to get completely dressed, figure out how to open a door to the outside, and go for a walk along a busy highway?

I am glad that the child is safe. I am sad that she is back with her negligent Mother and Mom's boyfriend. But perhaps they will take this to heart, and change the way they care for her. We can hope, right?

·
Banned
989 Posts
Well the negotiations went a full 15 rounds and I was knocked down once but got up and finished the fight with her suffering 3 knockdowns...:lol: but in the end it was a split decision but in the end I won the match....:evilsmile

Paul, thanks for asking......and as I said before if you ever get to Hespertucky I'll buy you a beer.......

Dan
Dan,

I will take you up on the beer next time I am in Hespertucky, thank you very much.

Glad to hear it went so well. :)

Paul

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
, figure out how to open a door to the outside, and go for a walk along a busy highway? ?
I am not siding with the idiot mother on this just putting out a for instance.

The ability for a locked door like too many of them today, Slague (sp) locks for one, to be opened with out turning the do flicky on the knob has always bothered me. Once you open the door and close it the door is still locked so that you can not get back inside with out a key.

A builder I worked for always used this type of lock. I could never get it through his head what could happen if a child opened the door in the middle of the night and went out side and could not get back in. Alot of the homes we worked on were on lakes and I always feared a child would go out the door and fall off the dock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts