Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure today was national turkey hiding day because i didnt see anything. I didnt even see anything on the way home in the 200 fields i passed. Got some good footage of a couple bedded deer though. Do the leftover licenses run all the way to may 31 or just may 6? Im wondering whether i will be able to hunt the gauranteed period even though i wasnt unsuccessful i just didnt enter the drawing.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
your hunt(leftover)ends on the 6th! and no you can not purchase another license! as for turkeys hiding i had the same problem this morning only a few gobbles and on jake about 35 yards! other than that slowwwwww!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,870 Posts
Same here.Drove around my areas from 8-10:30 looking for birds in known spots.Saw one hen about 9 and then about 10 I saw a Tom in a different spot.I normally see quite a few deer also,but only one small group.Had to be something in the weather. Maybe the were all somewhere formulating their game plan for the 234 hunt!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i didnt enter the drawing so i wouldnt be purchasing another license. i was just video taping my brother while he was hunting. i was just wondering if i could buy a license because i wasnt in the drawing in the first place.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I was out scouting yesterday afternoon/evening and saw birds at 3 of the farms I have permission to hunt. I watched a huge tom strutting around 6pm, the only problem he was on strutting right in front of someones blind. It's the neighbor guy who hunts his property. If he was in that blind bow hunting he could of bagged a huge tom. I watched it from about 500 yards away with my bino's.

I'm just patiently waiting for Monday:D .

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
if you didnt apply the only hunt you could do was the area zz hunt..which just ended tonight! hope this clears everything up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts