Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a high ankle sprain the other day playing basketball in my gym class, and am on crutches and can't play our homecoming football game tonight!! but you bet tomorrow morning i'll ditch the crutches, take my bow and be out there forthe youth hunt...i only have one problem...do i take a gun with me too just incase one is just outa range?? good luck to all youth hunters tomorrow...and go dawgs tonight!! tear those mounties up!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
alex, dont quote me on this, i am going off of what i have seen boehr say, you cant have both a gun and a bow with you while hunting (at least not in the field). check out some of the outdoors questions in boehrs forum (cant think of the name of it right now)

·
Registered
781 Posts
I believe that during gun season that you could have your bow with you as well, however during bow season it is illegal to have a gun of any type. Look at www.MIchigan.gov/dnr and check out the rules for the youth hunt. Good Luck, Eric

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Since the Hunting Guide calls the youth hunt a firearm season and because orange is required, I would think that you could have both a gun and bow with you. Would be the same as having two guns.

Of course I am not a DNR officer or a lawyer, ask Boehr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts