Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hang here most of the time so I'm posing this here eventhough its not fishing related.
Got a DNR envelope in the mail yesterday..... thinking another survey.....
Open it and its got a Elk application guide, thinking what a waste they sent me a guide for an application period that is closed:confused:
Then I saw the letter Congratulations! You've been selected for a antlerless Elk License!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only thing is it said William Ruch wasn't sure if it was my son or me??? It didn't have any drivers license # or sports card. Called this morning and it is me!!!!!
WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Very nice Bill , good luck on the trip. So , port Huron's probably out for that weekend.:evil:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Congrats!!

My Dad drew a permit for that time frame years ago. Unfortunately he didn't get one. Tough hunting when it is hot. At least for 2 of the weekends you will have the small game hunters out pushing the elk. They told him that if he got an elk he had about 6 hours from when he shot it to get it to a cooler.

·
Administrator
17,589 Posts
Congrats on that!!!!
<----<<<

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! From the sounds of it I'll work for one in the early hunt in the heat.

On another note hit Port Huron on Saturday and pulled a 3 man limit handlining in 3 hours. Nothing over 2 lbs but steady action the whole time.

·
Registered
9,767 Posts
Hmmm, the fact I didn't get anything in the mail yet probably tells the story for me. Congrats!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds good Jay I'm guessing Wheatley should be on fire by then. They're starting to see some good numbers of perch already. I'm off all next week, going to hit my Elk area to take a look see for a few days. I think the 2nd half of the week I'm going either to Port Huron for walleye, Wheatly for perch or Erieau for bow. :confused: I hate making these tough decisions :p

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hmmm, the fact I didn't get anything in the mail yet probably tells the story for me. Congrats!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
You can go on the DNR website now and confirm either the good :p or bad :rant: news.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
wille, I have some property in gaylord and south of vanderbilt if your permit allows your welcome to come and take a look,ive planted corn this year and going this weekend to spray,there are always elk around are area,I own 120acs there and have acess to much more,wont cost you a thing if your permit allows that area!!! good luck !!

Take care Ron !!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Ron!!!!
I sent you a PM with my cell #. Don't think I'll be able to make it this weekend (maybe Late Sunday). Was planning on going up during the week this week to meet with the dnr, a guide or two and for a look see around the area. Not sure if I'll be back up on hte 7th/8th or not?????
I have Area L which does include Vanderbilt.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Basically area L excludeds the "center" Pigeon River area but includes everything that surounds it. there are some borders that vary a little but that about sums it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts