Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent two hours shore fishing on huron river from 6:30 to 8:30 this morning. Used a plethora of soft plastic lures (worms, leech, shad, craw, grub, senko), also used bluegill fillet, live bluegill, rigged drop shot, carolina, wacky style... all this did not generate a single bite. Last Saturday same time period, same spot, same methods, caught 2 catfish, 1 largemouth, 1 pike, all keeper size.
How come?
Any one wants to compare notes?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Well, the most obvious thing that I could point out is that it has been crazy hot all week, and most lakes and rivers have warmed up quite a bit in the last week. My first guess would be that the fish moved out to deeper and cooler water. It really doesn't matter what baits you use, if they aren't there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
As HOT as its been I don't blame the fish for not wanting to play games right now. You gotta earn those catches right now

Secret Lure

·
Banned
274 Posts
got out this am aroung 430 am..and i was not the first wet boat..:dizzy:..I CAUGHT 4 BASS 2 LARGE AND 2 SMALL...I took home 13 gills most around 7 ,2 eights and 1 8.5..caught around 40-50 6ers that i sent back home....got off the water around 10:30 because all the speedboats were getting out and the wake was pretty bad....but all in all not a bad am..other than just too damn hot...water temp was 82 at 5 am...wow...:fish:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts