Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know anything about these boats (northwoods) im looking at buying a 1997 Northwood Pro Tourney 190 its a good price I feel like compared to other used boats on the market and it is the size and layout im looking for. The only thing im concerned about is the boat itself after doing some digging online all I have found is they were made by smoker craft and were always less money than other brands but it appears that is just due to the finishes on the boat not the structure itself. Anyone had any experience with these boats and have any feedback would be helpful or any feedback to a first time boat buyer in general. Thanks.

· Premium Member
12,453 Posts
I had a 14 foot fishing boat which I bought new in Canada at the time. I really liked it. I would still have it but a big tree fell on it. Some areas in Canada where we use to go that is all you saw the locals have. The dealer that I got mine from said they were made by StarCraft at that time. The ones the locals had many were 18 to 20 foot and looked like they were all loaded with everything. This was in the late 90's.

· Registered
14,578 Posts
Anybody know anything about these boats (northwoods) im looking at buying a 1997 Northwood Pro Tourney 190 its a good price I feel like compared to other used boats on the market and it is the size and layout im looking for. The only thing im concerned about is the boat itself after doing some digging online all I have found is they were made by smoker craft and were always less money than other brands but it appears that is just due to the finishes on the boat not the structure itself. Anyone had any experience with these boats and have any feedback would be helpful or any feedback to a first time boat buyer in general. Thanks.
What kind of motor is on it? Looks like many of them originally came with a Force outboard. If it still has a Force, that’s probably the reason for the price more so than the boat.

· Registered
9,647 Posts
Don't know about the boat itself but if it has a older 115 Mariner on it hold the wheel tight when ya juice it. Be prepared to spend some gas/oil money too, mine was a 87' so your experience may vary.
The 1997 is the 2+2. Pretty fuel efficient at idle because it runs on 2 cylinders not all 4. Definitely thirsty at full throttle, but most carb 4 cylinder 2 strokes are

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.