Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved eight Northland Tackle Forage Minnows from a friend that doesn't ice fish anymore. All but two of them are still in the package.

Has anybody used these Forage Minnows on St. Clair? They look great but I never hear of anybody using them. Any tips, what size? I have all different sizes & colors (the perch color looks real good), I want to know if any of you guys have had any luck with these baits?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
No LSC advice here, but they work wonders on crappie too....the small size, same as you'd need for perchies. I have one in orange, red, and rainbow trout. Use a camera flash on them for a good glow.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Scotty-
Don't overlook the green one either. I took two nice specs on one Friday night (13" and 13.75")-glows really good also.

For the perch I think the gold color is best.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
I was nailing the perch at genos in the morning on that....i had the one with the single hook, and one with a teble hook, don't know why its like that, the single hooked produced 7 fish, the trble produced 0, i quickly changed it. Rainbow, with a full minnow. Heard the bigger ones work GREAT for eyes, they are pricy for a small spoon though....about 2.79 each.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
They work well on browns and steelies too.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts