Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pike fishing is ONNN!! Last sunday I trolled for the last 3 hours of daylight and landed 10 Northerns by myself with 6 legal ones and 4 over 28". All released. Its been like this all summer ever since I figured out where to concentrate my efforts!
I know its not the time of year most people think about chasing northerns but it should be! I have had the best luck fishing in no less then 15 FOW due to the hot summer whether. However, If you happen to know where some natural springs are in your lake, this is the time of year to hit them hard regardless of the depth. The largest of the pike my buddies and I have caught this summer (three over 37") have all been isolated near these natural springs. Talk to people that live on the lake and maybe they can point you in the right direction. Use bigger baits if you want to start getting into larger pike. Trolling large floating rapalas, large offline and inline spinners, and also live/dead bait rigging has produced the best results for me.

attached are some photos of a few of the northerns we have landed.

Good luck, get out there and get em!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,420 Posts
The pike fishing is ONNN!! Last sunday I trolled for the last 3 hours of daylight and landed 10 Northerns by myself with 6 legal ones and 4 over 28". All released. Its been like this all summer ever since I figured out where to concentrate my efforts!
I know its not the time of year most people think about chasing northerns but it should be! I have had the best luck fishing in no less then 15 FOW due to the hot summer whether. However, If you happen to know where some natural springs are in your lake, this is the time of year to hit them hard regardless of the depth. The largest of the pike my buddies and I have caught this summer (three over 37") have all been isolated near these natural springs. Talk to people that live on the lake and maybe they can point you in the right direction. Use bigger baits if you want to start getting into larger pike. Trolling large floating rapalas, large offline and inline spinners, and also live/dead bait rigging has produced the best results for me.

attached are some photos of a few of the northerns we have landed.

Good luck, get out there and get em!
Great report! great results!
Thanks for posting.....

What lakes have you been fishing? Or is that a secret?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously??
You're asking on a public forum???
Nice fish.
Yeppers - some nice slimers there.....I know of one lake near GR that has cold deep water & a cisco population....there's some big headed northern in there.

;)

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Yummy cisco
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,420 Posts
Yummy cisco
Posted via Mobile Device
SMOKED cisco......

:corkysm55 :corkysm55 :corkysm55

Them slimers don't get big heads from eating pinheads!
:lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
We've caught a nice limit of eaters a few times lately. White buzzbaits on the river. Hooked into a nice 10+ on the lake with a spoon the other night and lost him. The big ones are sitting right on the springs just like you said. Gonna try and get out today with some live bait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts