Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished straight out from the Fairhaven Tower from 9 til noon and kept 25 yellowbellies 8 to 10'ers. Lots of throwbacks... I was worried I'd run out of minnows before I had enough for a meal for the family. 6 fow, bobber, splitshot and a #6 Tru-turn. Couldn't fish 2 poles unless you just wanted to feed'um. The fish are starting to school back up I think. High winds seem to scatter those tasty critters. Hope to get out a night after work to see if I can muster up an evening bite.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
I'll be out from fairhaven in anchor bay this weekend. I'm giving up on the south side for awhile. Haven't done squat down there. Did you try anything other than minnows?? Im going to feed them some waxies next time and see how they work in the fall.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks as if the wind will be howling for the next few days. Hope it doesn't put a damper on your weekend plans. Just look for the weedbeds (sight fishing) and anchor next to one. Early morning their on the move around these beds in search of a meal.

The fish I've been catching are loaded with snails so maybe grubs will work too. Look me up if your out this weekend. I'll be aligned with the Fairhaven Tower and the New Baltimore Tower. 18' White/Blue Sylvan with a gray canvas top.

Bes of luck and tight lines...

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Hopefully the wind will be nice. Temps are perdicted to be about 60 so I would say, hopefully, it'll be out of the SW and not the S. Either way Im sure it'll be blowing. I am not going for the ride I did last time, so I am going to be where the wind isn't!!

I'll be in a blue/wht crestliner runabout with a pair of mercs on it. Riggerslounge on 68

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a radio on my small boat and the big'un is put away but from the discription of your vessel, I'll see you... Stop on by and say Hi if your action slows... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the wind will not stir the bottom to bad and muddy everything up.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't see a problem with you, Dan and I fitting on my boat... Joe not fishing this weekend?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Dont know,,,,, he is waiting on a part for his motor..... But we might take my boat out this weekend, if he is strong enough to pull start it!!!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Try around New Baltimore in 9-10 fow.
I pulled a 4.5 lb smallie out on 6lb test sunday using a minnow. Also, got a foot long muskie. Looked like a pencil, minnows also.

May be out there Saturday, don't know yet. Look for a blue/white crestliner boat.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will be out from sun-up to noonish. Let's hope the fish are schooled and starving!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts