Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lot of fun running the trapline at my house last year. I'm waiting for the weather to turn cold enough to store critters in the round in the shed this year as I have no freezer room inside. Groenwald stops a few miles from my house in Grayling, and I'll probably keep a few to practice putting up fur. But the rest I'd just as soon give away. Help someone that actually does this seriously that happens to be passing through while. Take out a few mink to help the trout and duck population.

Not talking big numbers. I think 5 or less mink last year, 10 or less muskrat.

· Registered
1,140 Posts
They are super easy to clean, when I get low numbers I just skin, scrape and hang.

Muskrat, you could do a handful in an hour, mink take a touch longer.

Unless you really just don't want to deal with the furs...I understand that.

I would take them off your hands but I'm down in the northern Muskegon area.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the space or room to mess with them at this year. If I do it in the basement, my coonhounds go nuts. The shed is PACKED full of stuff right now. If I can find someone to build my garage next year, that should give me some room to breath again.

If I get things out here in the next few days...there may be a trip in the next week or so down to the wastewater to waterfowl hunt. Maybe hook up with the early stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts