Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
According to Dave @ Young's Party Store in Alanson, a few guys are fishing Carp Lake (Paradise Lake). I went out to check on Maple Bay and all I got were were wet boots. Might have to wait a few more days/weeks depending on all this lake effect. Be safe and as always, tight lines.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Up here in Charlevoix, Emmett counties, we had many small and shallower lakes locked in. I had planned on fishing by this weekend. Unfortunately, Mother nature served up a heaping helping of frozen mashed potatoes last night. We've gotten over a foot in 24 hours. Not good for the lakes with 2 inches of ice. Probably a week setback for those areas. Luckily, the larger lakes shouldn't be affected as much as they haven't frozen yet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Houghton laker said:
Going up to Houghton lake this weekend...will post results and ice thickness!
I will be interested in your post. I'm headed up there on the 27th for 3 days.

:)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yesterday the lake I'm on in the NW lower was completely open water , early this morning it was completely frozen over.
I'm anxous to see how much snow we get on the newly formed ice and whether we'll have ice fishing this year. Two years ago we didn't.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Heading down tomorrow a.m., but my buddy was out yesterday and had between 3-4" of ice. Very little snow cover on the ice and a few guys were fishing off the 4 lanes. Tight Lines.

·
Registered
99 Posts
From the 2 guys I talked to there is 2-3 " on Crooked Lake (Emmet County) and on South Manistique (UP) there is 3-4

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was out last night theres a good 4'' of clear ice and was under 10 degs all night !! just a dusting of snow cover on the ice

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
hubbard lake has fishable ice. guys are fishing east bay this morning. no reports on how the fishing is.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
east bay ed said:
hubbard lake has fishable ice. guys are fishing east bay this morning. no reports on how the fishing is.
Man, that is good to hear! I talked to a buddy last night - Long Lake is frozen too! Gotta believe Fletcher's is frozen given the depth.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fishfoote said:
Man, that is good to hear! I talked to a buddy last night - Long Lake is frozen too! Gotta believe Fletcher's is frozen given the depth.
I heard that Fletcher's was and there are people out on there fishen

·
Registered
351 Posts
Checked both. Burt has about an inch on Maple Bay....didn't get out much further than 10 yds before it took no more than two wacks with the spud. :SHOCKED: Heard Crooked was O.K. but at the launch, I found similar conditons to Maple Bay. I'm sticking on shore for a few more day. Next opportunity for me is Tuesday, so I'll let all those weekends test the ice for me. :lol: Tight Lines

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Houghton laker said:
Hoping to go up to houghton...with this snow comming...may have to work!! :(
Well there goes my good ice fishing report that you was going to send me. :lol: We got snow. Guess I will have to give you one. I hope to get up there with Scotty Hover some time this week-end.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Just got in after 14hrs. of snow and a watermain break!! back again later tonight to haul some snow.....Looks like you Will be giving me the report instead!!! :lol: Oh well...plenty of overtime!! next weekend I can give her heck!! ;) Heard winds supposed to be up around 35 mph tomorrow :mad: Hope not for your guys sake!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
well did anyone make it to Houghton Lake this weekend?..I'm itching to get up there near the end of the week, just need to no if the ice is good all around the lake.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts