Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard that that they may start production again. I have heard talk but can find nothing online, has anyone heard anything?

I have one of their climbers and love it, light weight easy to carry and climbs fast rated at 300# and weighs less then 20#..

I did modify mine with ol man cables and better carry straps.. I also put some reinforced summit stirrups on which work great

here is a pic of they look like stock

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
I used one for years, best climbing stand I ever owned. Easy to climb and very comfortable. Super light weight and easy to carry. The cables were a little noisy to set up but very secure. I kept mine wrapped with rubber tape to help keep the noise down when sliding the cables in.
Was used when I hunted state land.
I hunt private land now and only use ladder stands, getting too old for that climbing stuff :). Sold mine a few years ago and the new owner was thrilled to find one for sale.
They were a quality product with all aluminum welded frame. I am sure people would buy them if they started production again, made right here in Michigan too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I LOVE my climber. I was hunting out of it last weekend and thought to myself, I need another one if these. best all around stand out there. The cables are a little loud, but I have had on two occasions, deer come in while I am still climbing the tree. The teeth are by far the best that i know of, i've never had them slip.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Has anyone heard that that they may start production again. I have heard talk but can find nothing online, has anyone heard anything?

I have one of their climbers and love it, light weight easy to carry and climbs fast rated at 300# and weighs less then 20#..

I did modify mine with ol man cables and better carry straps.. I also put some reinforced summit stirrups on which work great

here is a pic of they look like stock
You mentioned that you used ol man cables. Were these just the standard ol man climber cables? I have one of the North Starr foldable climbers in my garage that broke one of the cables and didn't know which other cable to try, since I could not get replacement from North Starr. I love the stand but have not used it for a few years because of the broke cable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have two North Star climbers I modified to use with my Anderson Tree Slings.
I shortened the platforms to 12" x 21"
The rubber coated Summit replacement cables work just fine.
Very quiet.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
The guy I hunt with bought a new shooting starr and it is still in the box... he hasn't had the interest to try it out yet.

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You mentioned that you used ol man cables. Were these just the standard ol man climber cables? I have one of the North Starr foldable climbers in my garage that broke one of the cables and didn't know which other cable to try, since I could not get replacement from North Starr. I love the stand but have not used it for a few years because of the broke cable.
bought these , you have to pop the plastic pieces out of the north starr to use them but they work great..and you can still use the north starr pins

the old cables were actually fine just noisy and I like the idea of the pins going through the hole on the ol man cables..

http://olmanoutdoors.com/refurbishing-kit-clone.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts