Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've not been able to get out hunting the past few years due to being a single father of three in travel hockey. I'm bound and determined to get out at least a few days for firearm season, and I was wondering if anyone had any decent public hunting suggestions in the north Oakland County area. I've hunted Bald Mountain in the past, but it just doesn't seem to be what it once was. I don't have much experience with Ortonville Rec Area or Holly Rec, but heard they aren't too bad. Any help/guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
My buddy hunts Ortonville and does ok.
There's definitely a lot more people for firearm season.
I can't say much about the other areas there, I haven't been there for years.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is deer at bald mountain and holly, just may have to pick your days and be mobile. If there is ever a vehicle in the lot, i just find another lot, find sign, and set up. I have seen a lot of deer this way, but being mobile is absolutely the key.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Don't give up on Bald Mountain. I've taken a lot of deer there.
But like any public land, especially near these high people population areas (smile), you have to put your time in, to be successful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.