Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been having any luck at the north end of the river or north of the bridge in the lake?
A friend lives up that way and likes to launch in the Black River
We were hoping to drift bottom bouncers
and haven’t fished the river yet this year.

·
Administrator
17,590 Posts
Has anyone been having any luck at the north end of the river or north of the bridge in the lake?
A friend lives up that way and likes to launch in the Black River
We were hoping to drift bottom bouncers
and haven’t fished the river yet this year.
PH web cam is showing an uptick in traffic. My guess is that it is starting on the lake.
<----<<<

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I was wondering same thing. I started my season there, may try it this Saturday again. We’ve been In MC last 4 weeks. Drive is easier for me to PH.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have only jigged in PH, so I can’t offer advice on using harnesses up there. But I’m sure the BB program works up there.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Just do not BB past the Lighthouse, must be some wrecks there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My partner and I were just south of the black down to marysville yesterday caught 10 most came closer to PH in 30 feet using firetigger harness. Fish were 15 to 18 inches.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My partner and I were just south of the black down to marysville yesterday caught 10 most came closer to PH in 30 feet using firetigger harness. Fish were 15 to 18 inches.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately, we left the fish unmolested. When I got to his house he showed me a large mass of bad weather sliding down from the north. We put everything away and had a few Two Hearted Ales and caught up.
The storms disappeared and again no rain in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
A little report from the N end. I launched solo out of Black River Saturday at 5:30. Most boats went up towards the lake. I jigged one drift below the black and lost one fish. Switched to 3 oz. BB with harnesses. Struggled my way all the way down to Marysville, with hardly a bite. Finally found a pattern in 40’ near Marysville. Was done in short order when I finally found them. All were 15-19”. 2.5 SOG was working well. There were quite a few boats below Marysville. I didn’t get any bites down there and no one appeared to be getting much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts