Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being sidelined this year from hunting with back surgery I have been given the go ahead to go to North Dakota next season. We had plans a couple years ago to go to the Garrison/ Little Missouri Grasslands but didn't make it.
As of now we are still looking at the same area, but wondered about our timing. We are wanting Prairie grouse to be the main focus, but I would Like to wait for pheasant season to open. My questions are, Is the sharptail that much better earlier in the season? How busy is that area of North Dakota around the opener of pheasant? Is it better to wait till the 2nd or 3rd week of pheasant season? Unfortunately with my job I have to put in for vacation time early in the year so I cant wait for the season forcast. Thanks for any input.

Dan G

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
First, non residents have to wait til the second week of pheasant season.
Second, yes. Prairie grouse are that much better early in the season.
Enjoy your trip. NoDak is a treat. Don't forget the Huns.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
First, non residents have to wait til the second week of pheasant season.
Second, yes. Prairie grouse are that much better early in the season.
Enjoy your trip. NoDak is a treat. Don't forget the Huns.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire
Did it change? Used to be plots was only open to residents first week, but private, federal, was all open to non res first week.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Did it change? Used to be plots was only open to residents first week, but private, federal, was all open to non res first week.
You are correct.
Only Plots and state owned game areas are closed to non-res. All federal hunting lands and private lands are open to everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts