Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with these little pocket revolvers? I bought the fold up model today and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. It shoots really well for its size. And all the reviews on it I have seen are good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Super Moderator
37,503 Posts
They are kind of cool. Never had an issue with one nor heard of an issue. But for my money of I am dropping something into a pocket there are a lot of diminutive .380's out there.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these little pocket revolvers? I bought the fold up model today and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. It shoots really well for its size. And all the reviews on it I have seen are good.

Congrats on the new plinker!
No experience. Someday I'll have one because it seems like a really cool way to blow some cash.

Since I got a little .380, I am going to get one of the Bond Arms .45 backup before I get a North American....keep us informed as you shoot more!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've had this 4" Earl for about a year and really like it. It came with the magnum and long rifle cylinders. I've probably only fired about 100 rounds of each through it. It shoots very good for it's size. The magnum has a nice snap to it and a heck of a report! Just got the holster for Christmas. It was made by Joe Shannon in Oklahoma.
Here it is with imitation ivory grips.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,297 Posts

I've shot one before. they're a lot of fun. Looks like you have the .22 mag.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I bought one last year but sold it after a a short time. It was the 22 Mag . model. It shot very well with very little recoil. Surprisingly accurate too. The reason I got rid of it was that when I took a natural feeling grip on it, I could not pull the trigger. I would have to reposition the gun in my hand to fire it. Not a good thing in a emergency!!

·
Premium Member
30,297 Posts
I've always wanted to get the Freedom Arms black powder .22 version of this.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one came with both cylinders mag and lr. I know a larger caliber would be better for self defense. But with this one I know I will carry it. So a larger caliber at home does nothing compared to a smaller caliber in my hand. It is the same size as my multi tool I carry in my pocket for work. I will carry this one on a regular basis.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I have the .22mag version. I call it the Noisy Cricket. I like it. More of a novelty and convo piece than something that serves any purpose for EDC or self defense.

If there's anything you should know, it's the fact that it SHOULD NOT be shot by an inexperienced shooter. The thing is very jumpy, at least my .22mag is, and IMO in the wrong hands can be dangerous.

Also, are you aware that you can carry it with the hammer dropped in a way such that it is not resting on a round, but sitting between two rounds? Makes it much safer to carry.

If you want a tiny Derringer like gun to carry in a pocket, consider the big bore derringers made by Cobra (you can get those in 9mm and .38). While the .22mag is a nasty round, I'd rather carry a 9mm or .38 for EDC self defense for several different reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
They are kind of cool. Never had an issue with one nor heard of an issue. But for my money of I am dropping something into a pocket there are a lot of diminutive .380's out there.
Yup,and at about the same weight,thinner and with a bigger projectile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts