Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Michigan 2004 Nonresident License Fees:

24 hr. All species..........................................................$7.00

Annual Licenses:

Restricted (all species EXCEPT trout & salmon)................$30.00
All species...................................................................$41.00

·
Registered
878 Posts
How come NR's get such a bargain on an unrestricted license? It costs residents almost double ($14 vs. $23) for an unrestricted license.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
If my memory serves and if you recall when they had the actual trout and salmon stamp, it was a flat $10, didn't matter if you were a resident or nonresident. The regular fishing license was the only thing different. When they changed to restricted and all species, pretty much the same thought was there because they were paying more for the regular license. As far as a bargin, I agree overall it is a bargin but, a nonresident normally doesn't have the fishing opportunities in the number of days throughout the year as a resident either.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the 7.00 per day, can you buy 2/3 days at a time? I only come up there every other year or so. My auntie (last one left) is gettin up in years. So i like to visit with her and maybe wet a line for some trout. besides I love trout so much i usually let them go and buy some at the store to eat. I have put some back in water over 27 inches, have you? I'm one of the guys that support the sport.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Nope. can't buy 2/3's of a day.;)

If you are asking, can you by two or three days worth of licenses at once, yes you can. You don't have to buy just one each day.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I meant, 2 or 3, maybe 4 days. I still think 7 bucks a day is a bargain. I usually don't fish outside of aunts private lake near rose city. But this July I'm gonna try for some trout. Any suggestions where?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts