Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the stretch in front of the Lee St. launch is no wake, but can anyone tell me the other no wake zones south of the Z bridge? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
11,320 Posts
I know that the stretch in front of the Lee St. launch is no wake, but can anyone tell me the other no wake zones south of the Z bridge? Thanks in advance!
The only ones that I have seen are the two bridges either side of Lee St. Launch and they both have small signs on them stating either No Wake Zone or End of No Wake Zone. I have not been north of I-675 bridge so have no idea up there.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DS, that confirms the one I know...I don't remember anything north of 675, but then again I'm getting senile.

·
Registered
25,582 Posts
That is the only one..

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Zilwaukee is not a enforceable no wake. There is nothing on the Michigan dnr for website about it just like there is a few other areas on the river with no wake signs that aren't legal.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
You mean the sign that says "Stay out my river" south of the Z bridge is not legal? :p

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
There is a No Wake sign on the pier area just north of the z- bridge and just pass the launch area up river. I will see if the DNR man can confirm this before the event. Interesting thought. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,320 Posts
You don't need a sign to be courteous. The launch at Zilwaukee is wide open and large wakes can damage guys try to load/unload. A little common sense and consideration of others goes a long ways - sign/no sign or legal/not legal.
I totally agree with this statement.

·
Premium Member
29,967 Posts
Zilwaukee is not a enforceable no wake. There is nothing on the Michigan dnr for website about it just like there is a few other areas on the river with no wake signs that aren't legal.
You might want to double check that. It's not the DNR that enforces that, but Coast Guard and County Sherriffs will.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Just talked to the bay city dnr. They told me the only enforceable no wake zones on the Saginaw river by anyone are the ones listed on their website....

·
Premium Member
29,967 Posts
Well, if you say so, but I think the Coast guard has a little more authority than the dnr...lol..I'd call and ask them. You have a link? I only saw info on B.C. no wakes on they're website? Any no wake zone by a boat launch is enforceable as far as I know.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There use to be a no wake sign on south pilling near stone piles across from launch along with one under bridge that is no longer there. Like stated above if people are launching a little courtesy goes a long ways.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Just use common since and you will not a ticket. I was told by a DNR officier, they will be someone out patrolling the river this weekend. Because they have been getting a lot of questions where the signs are legally posted. Be safe

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Well, if you say so, but I think the Coast guard has a little more authority than the dnr...lol..I'd call and ask them. You have a link? I only saw info on B.C. no wakes on they're website? Any no wake zone by a boat launch is enforceable as far as I know.
The Saginaw river is not a federal no wake zone, that's state/county/city law

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
They can pull you over for a safety inspection or to advise you of the no wake zone. The only time they enforce anything related yo no wake would be if your wake caused damage or injury to a person or vessel, or if you/operator were doing something to jeopardize safety of you or persons on your boat. Only place you see federal no wake zones are areas with protected sea animals or other living marine life. Sheepshead and catfish are not in that category. Driving a 47ft fountain going 75mph at night would qualify.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts