Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has tried the Dan River No Trace hunting clothes. Looking for opinions good or bad before I shell out the money for some.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I used it last season for archery and shotgun. It is a thinner material and get a larger size to fit over other clothes. I got XL and I am 5'11 205 lbs. It fit well, the first set they sent me was large and it was tight. I used scentfree soap after outings or once a week. I had deer directly under me in my treestand and as close as 15 yards on foot. It works. Hint, I bought mine online and found after season they try to clearance sale it, for as little as 60 bucks for coveralls. The headcover ties behind head...I got a great deal on a set of ScentLok coveralls at Dunhams after season so will try them this year. Dream Season series. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought the headgear, gloves, pants and archery jacket.. They are of a lightweight material and don't really give any insulating value.. Good for early season. I tracked a doe for a good 4 hours last october when it was 70 degrees out.. I didnt' get a chance to get back home to shower before going back out to hunt that evening.. I weigh 250(bodybuild) and was sweating bullets all day looking for this doe.. I pulled my no trace out sprayed down and off i went to hunt. I took a camo chair and sat about 6 ft within the field edge. There was little to no wind. At around 20 minutes to dusk a nice mature 10 pt walked out into the field. He looked as if he was going to go back into the woods but instead turned and came right along the field edge, toward me. He never saw me or smelled me. He actually knew something didn't look right(new tree to him) and stopped right in front of me. We were eye to eye at 6 ft!! He smelled and didn't smell anything walked about 4 more steps and smelled again. Nothing.. He then continued to walk down the field edge and I drew. He stopped and I shot.. He ducked the arrow and I shot a little high. I missed!! lol.. I'll get him this year. But the good thing is is that he didn't smell me from 6ft. I was a believer.. Also they have excellent customer service.. My gloves came apart in a couple spots at the seams. I emailed them. He didn't have any gloves in because they were out for the year(redesigning them) and offered to give me something else. I ended up getting another pair of cargo pants!! They are def. alot more then a new set of gloves would of been!

Stan

·
Registered
430 Posts
I ordered some stuff from them and they never billed my cc or returned emails... anyone know if they are still in business.

·
Registered
430 Posts
well I heard back from them and they had issues with thier online ordering. I now have my order in and am anixous to get this..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts