Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
goes to show you that some people have too much money!

Hello? State Farm?

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
If I had a guess, I'd say the boat was left in the water to long. Some goof-ball attempted to break the ice into the ramp area. It probably worked great until he got to close to the shallow end and thick ice. He backed up and gave it a run to break the ice closer to shore. The ice close in was thick and the ice at the docks was locked to the dock. the boat found the weakest ice away from the docks and when the boat cleared or topped the ice, it kept going until the props hit?

The only money in that boat is its props/shafts and motors.

Any other ideas? Old wood boat sprung a leak? Salvage in progress? Scrapped boat?

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Front dock line out and bumper? But somehow I don't think The big old wood boat is made for a trailer?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Kinda looks like he might have thought he could hit the ice and stay on top of it until spring. Maybe it would work in a pinch. The bumper is a nice touch though....no Michigan numbers on it either.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looks to be an old marinette, which is made out of aluminum. A wood hull would never have lasted that long.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Neversunk, this shot is frok Lake Simcoe in Canada, that's why you don't see MC #'s. I'm guessing his Canadian #'s are by the cockpit.

I would agree with Ed on the "wood boat" determination. The bottom of the hull appears to be wood, and not red paint.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ohhh.....that sucks! I kinda thought maybe it was on the shore around here and it might have cleared up for him by now. But on Simcoe....uh oh. Its hard to believe someone up that far north would have left his boat in until january unless the owner was hospitalized or something. It does kinda look like a wood hull though does'nt it? Regardless....the guys at work had a great time laughing at the picture all day as we emailed it to each other. OH well....you can lead a horse to water.......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts