Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had to fill up my car with gas and drive who knows where to get these pictures for you:gaga: as you can see the suckers are in have no idea when these guys will be done but i heard into november OMG that is tomorrrow!:yikes: oh by the way gas is $3.90 a gallon here! it is only $3,25 but hey a guy has to make a buck now and then :lol:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Must be a pretty good paying job if a company from Florida is doing the work

Sent from my iPad using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
288 Posts
They just started to get a few perch in the marina. I am thinking the water is still warm for the lakers. Seems to be 2 weeks behind. Hopefully the dredgers will be done by then.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
last year rob A.K.A aslongasitpullsback caught some lakers and a few burbot. On his way home from the fishin trip he stopped by my house we cleaned the fish and he gave me some. The lakers smoked up great but the burbet were awesome never new a fish that ugly could taste that great.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
last year rob A.K.A aslongasitpullsback caught some lakers and a few burbot. On his way home from the fishin trip he stopped by my house we cleaned the fish and he gave me some. The lakers smoked up great but the burbet were awesome never new a fish that ugly could taste that great.

You know it Scotty that's why I've given up on the Lakers:16suspect and all I am targeting this winter is the Burbot aka Losh, laywer, ling, or fresh water cod.;)

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
You know it Scotty that's why I've given up on the Lakers:16suspect and all I am targeting this winter is the Burbot aka Losh, laywer, ling, or fresh water cod.;)
I wish I new how to target those fish through the ice. Think about it most guys fish walleye all year long, I would dedicate a trip or 2 to try to catch a few of those tasty creatures.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I wish I new how to target those fish through the ice. Think about it most guys fish walleye all year long, I would dedicate a trip or 2 to try to catch a few of those tasty creatures.
I've caught a few through the ice but never on the bay. Used to pull'em through the ice on the St Marys river by Barbeau and caught a couple at Lil Bay de Noc. DG you are correct poor man's lobster just awesome with some melted butter and a cold beer or two.:)

·
collector
4,440 Posts
last year rob A.K.A aslongasitpullsback caught some lakers and a few burbot. On his way home from the fishin trip he stopped by my house we cleaned the fish and he gave me some. The lakers smoked up great but the burbot were awesome never new a fish that ugly could taste that great.
I will remember that day well... just not catching the fish but you letting clean them bloody lakers on your kitchen table... and me saying to you, can we do this in the garage...:lol: that table was a mess after that... I had to leave some fillets behind.... I figured when Crystal seen that mess I would gotten :rant::rant::rant:

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
Here we go now, all my burbot will be gone in Caseville, and I'll have to start telling people how we used to catch them before everyone knew about it. And they all came and trashed up the place. Must be them laker cordwood stacking guys doing it.:yikes:

Please leave the burbot alone at Caseville, they are a special subspecies of Ling that are rare and need to be let go. They can only survive in my special oxygenated cooler of ice until they get to the hot oil holding tank back in bay city.:evilsmile:lol:

Oh yeah, thanks Rich. Got some fresh venny in garage that will be some "mushroom swiss" on ice burgers this year for you!:D

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
you mention about the venny but what about my gas money:lol: you know how far i traveled from my house to get those pictures had to fill up tank up too:smile-mad:smile-mad ! My ex brother inlaw called(he actually caught them) them like you say in barbeau and in munscong bay near raber bay and lime island but he was targeting walleye! the burbot don't come in heavy but every once in awhile the right day you can do good! but i was targeting walleye and caught 4 burbot that was about 7 years ago was catching 1-2 walleye a night back then then all of a sudden for 2 days all i caught were burbot and lakers and that was just before last light and i caught them using a glow/green spoon! 2 years ago i was targeting to see if i could maybe catch a walleye so i went ice fishing right off the end of the pier and decided to use the now famous bloody nose moonshine spoon:yikes: well i charger er up and dropped it down in 8 ' of water and it lit up the whole bottom could see every pebble! so i said just great dropped my rod tip and checked to see if anyone was getting a bite then wham almost got the rod ripped out of my hand and said i got me a big walleye took over 5 minutes to get em up to the whole it was dark flicked my head lamp on and it was a ralphy fish a burbot about 12 lbs swallowed the whole lure ! why i told this story because they are bottom feeders and i guess they are attracted to bright glowing lures! i know wildfowl bay with their musy bottom get alot of burbot around there why i don't know but when we were catching walleye there about 20 years ago we would catch burbot along with them! the guys who caught then considered them trash fish and stuck then in a snow bank and left them i can't count how many fished were like this! now people like ralph and other found out how good they were now they want to catch them! to just target them i don't know where it is better i just catch one every now and then !

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
thanks for keeping us updated im eager to come down there and cast for lakers

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
if I wanted to catch burbot I'd catch me some crawdads in the summer...and freeze em...

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_988 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 20 of 41 Posts