Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went out Saturday evening. My only way into the woods is from the South, walking a small brush row that separates a soybean and cornfield (couple hundred acres worth). Unfortunately yesterday the wind was blowing straight out of the south so I didn't have that in my favor. I set up in a stand that sits about 20 yards into the woods right on the corner where treeline of the woods and the cornfield are separated by a nice little clearing. Lots of tracks in the clearing and travel routes leading to the clearing while scouting this offseason lead me to place this stand here. Sat in the stand from 4pm until dusk last night without seeing a thing.

Went back this morning. Planned to try one of my other stands but the wind was blowing straight out of the north so I decided to play the wind and hit this stand again. About 7:30am a nice little 6 point came out of the woods and into the clearing. He came into the woods on the other side of the clearing where I was set up, came right up within 5 yards of my stand and nosed around for a good 5 minutes. He was within 30 yards of me for about 20 minutes without a care in the world. He came up on me too fast for me to reach behind and grab my video camera. Eventually he made his way out of the area.
About 9:00am 2 bucks came peeking out of the woods from the same spot as the 6 point earlier. This time I had time to grab the camera. I got almost 5 minutes worth of filming in. Nice little 6 point (not the same one from earlier) and a decent looking 8 point. Sorry for some of the shaky film. The 6 point had wandered off to the side of me so I was trying to keep an eye on him while filming the 8 point. That bush he was eating away at is about a 40 yard shot.
Of course no does came in to present a shot. It's almost like those bucks knew I couldn't shoot them! :lol:
Didn't come home with anything but it's tough to complain about a beautiful morning in the woods and getting up close and personal with 3 bucks.
PS- not sure why but when I use the memory stick in my camcorder instead of tape it makes for a smaller picture size.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hb7cB8fSlWk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hb7cB8fSlWk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Cool I bet you are stoked for oct 1 to roll around. Good luck.......m:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks like you had a good time even though you didnt get a doe... thanks for sharing the video!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts