Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I have previously read the page you linked but didn't inquire any further since my property is not in the limited area.

"All 2021 project areas must fall within the following focus area counties: Alcona, Alpena, Crawford, Montmorency, Oscoda, and Presque Isle."

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I’m looking into applying for one for our 120A camp in Montmorency county and actually started writing it. I’m not sure I’ll submit it for a couple of reasons. First, we don’t at present “score” any points in three of the five criteria sets because we’re not close to public access or agricultural lands nor is our work part of a co-operative effort. Secondly, the projects we are undertaking are barely to their minimum grant $ level.

It looks like a good program but I wish I’d learned about it well before I did because I could probably have outlined more extensive projects if I’d had more time. It does seem geared toward property that’s near agricultural + public access land, and that may work in your benefit if your land is such.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stubee we are in the same boat, except for we are going to form a small coop with bordering neighbor. in some recent conversations with the DNR, they were the ones that pointed us in this direction. Time will tell if it was a good choice I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts