Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
You can park right at the end of 9 mile, its a long walk though!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
the walk isnt that bad...like a half mile

i fished it on the 13th in the canal on the south side of the park, right where the ice piles start (almost to the lake)

ice was about 6" then, probably at least 8 by now

nothing but dinks(out of 60 or so, i had one 8"er), but the bigger fish have to be in there somewhere cause i caught a limit of them right off the seawall in the canal just before it froze up

its probably not worth the effort, but you never know on Lk St Clair!!!

koby

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
I was told today by Shadow that they moved a barge out of the little bay Just north of the 9 mile pier. Just use your spud and keep that in mind the broken ice will blow out or re-freeze quickly . good fishing.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Watch the ice in the bay, They pushed in 2 big barges last night and really tore it up bad, You may be able to enter it from the south end of the bay but I think you may be pushing your luck trying! Give it a few more days and it will be good to go!

SPUD SPUD SPUD SPUD SPUD, cant say it enough!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep, drove by there yesterday. The barges came stright in against the north wall of the bay. Skim ice had already formed going out approx 50 -75 Yards. Use Caution - I wouldn't access the bay from the north wall for a few days at least.
Fished down that canal late morning. All dinks all the time.

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
We fished the area yesterday morning.....5 average gills and millions of dinks to show for it. Headed up the the raft and limited on gills/sunnies in 3 hours!!
The ice on the bay, even from the south shore wasn't very good....give it some time to get firmed up. The barges really tore up the north end of the bay!

Harry

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, hit up miller marina last night. never caught so many 3 inch perch! horrible. some guys were getting 6"ers one guy said he got into some 8-9" but stopped before we got there.

just before dark someone went in with a few nice slab gills and some smerch but all in all in wasn't looking good.

may give it another go tonight.

later,
mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm the guy who caught the gills last night. Fished all day took home 9 nice gills and sunnies and about a dozen 8-9 inch perch. Been fishing their a few times and the best action believe it or not is between 2 and 3 in the afternoon. All my keeper perch came within a hour and a half. The only spot I have caught anything with size is in the boat slips in the cut to the right just before the lake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.