Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Nikon Bolt scope on a Barnett Quad Crossbow? I have used a Nikon Buckmaster for my muzzle loader and would think their crossbow scope would be good also, especially for low-light conditions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I upgraded my Barnett Buck Commander from original lousy scope to the Nikon Bolt. If you want, you can watch me shoot it on youtube vid titled "Nikon Bolt on Barnett Buck Commander". I think the Nikon Bolt is a great scope and a very good value at it's price. The optics are clear and bright plus the drop compensation works very well. No need to spend hundreds on more expensive scopes unless you just "have to". In low light situations this scope is as bright as my expensive rifle scopes!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Has anyone tried the Nikon Bolt scope on a Barnett Quad Crossbow? I have used a Nikon Buckmaster for my muzzle loader and would think their crossbow scope would be good also, especially for low-light conditions.
I haven't personally used the Nikon Bolt, but know a few guys who do/have.

They all report the optics are excellent, however the circles at the longer ranges actually get closer instead of further away. You will have to just find out where each aiming point hits, because they will not all be 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, etc., for each aiming point. This may not matter to most, and probably wouldn't to me either, because my maximum shot is not going to be further than 40 yards, and I think they were fine out to that distance.

You will still need to shoot and figure the yardages out, because not all bows/arrows shoot the same speed, and the drop will be different. On these types of scopes, it is sometimes better to just sight the second aiming point in for 30 yards, then see where the first one hits at 20 yards, and where the third one hits at 40 yards. It will keep your aiming ponts closest for the normal bow shooting ranges.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses gentlemen. I plan on mounting it and shooting it soon. Thanks for your tips and observations.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You should be able to use the free Nikon Spot On Ballistic progam on they're site. Just put in the correct info and it will tell you the yardage at each circle. I just messed around with it but it worked great for my Slughunter scope last year.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just bought one this morning at Dunhams. $159.99 minus 30% discount came to $118.71 OTD. Nikon has a $30 mail-in rebate going right now. So it will be $88.71 total for scope. I have several Nikon BDC scopes and like them all very much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts