Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We launched at Castaway's on the Kawkawlin this afternoon. Ran back to the same holes we fished last night off of Thomas Rd. Fish were still there but most of em shrank. We ended up with 3 keepers, a bunch of shortys and a few missed. Just a fuzz over 14 miles one way.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was the ice solid all the way or was there some navigating you had to do?
Only one small area of the broken up stuff. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

Someone was on our trail with a Rhino or something like that. You could see in one of the Slush spots where they had it buried and got it out. Tracks led right back to Kawkawlin direction.

We had a young fella tonight put 15 bucks worth of gas in a 700 SkiDoo that was empty. He found out tonight that 4 point whaterver gallons of gas gets him out to the spot and 8 miles short of getting home. Does'nt anyone check their gas before they go? :lol::lol::lol: ( Besides Hart)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I hear if you ride that trail you get a FREE Ski-Doo snowmobile...

Soup-You need to spend less $$$ on JR Jiggers and buy another cell battery!!!

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Its brand new. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and finding out what gives with this pos.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Its brand new. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and finding out what gives with this pos.
All the cell phone batteries suck. Mine doesnt hold a charger worth a damn...could be the high volume of calls i get though too.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Its the spot your fishin in. My battery is gone in 20 minutes out there. There is a dead zone out their and your phone eats up the battery constantly searching for towers.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Its the spot your fishin in. My battery is gone in 20 minutes out there. There is a dead zone out their and your phone eats up the battery constantly searching for towers.

:yeahthat:

They cold sucked the life out also, yesterday as soon as I got home my battery meter went up two bars.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Only one small area of the broken up stuff. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

Someone was on our trail with a Rhino or something like that. You could see in one of the Slush spots where they had it buried and got it out. Tracks led right back to Kawkawlin direction.

We had a young fella tonight put 15 bucks worth of gas in a 700 SkiDoo that was empty. He found out tonight that 4 point whaterver gallons of gas gets him out to the spot and 8 miles short of getting home. Does'nt anyone check their gas before they go? :lol::lol::lol: ( Besides Hart)
One of the reasons I got a four stroke, over 20 miles to the gallon.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
DEAD ZONE

Fished in caseville and no service with verizon, on the way home the phone started sounding missed calls and text messagess about the time we hit the bridge in q-sea.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts

I'm gonna have to upgrade my extra fuel tank to a 5 gal. one now?

·
Registered
340 Posts
hey soup , did u guys get out there about 1:30 - 2:00 ? we came off erickson and got to that area about the same time as a group coming from bay city direction. had about the same luck, 4 guys, 6 keepers and probably 25 shorty's. smooth ride off erickson, only 9.8 mi. to the can and 11.3 to the pack.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

Theres a free one sittn on the Thomas Rd trail as well..BTW its the fish magnets on the bottoms yer feet that are draining the cell batteries...yeah right.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey soup , did u guys get out there about 1:30 - 2:00 ? we came off erickson and got to that area about the same time as a group coming from bay city direction. had about the same luck, 4 guys, 6 keepers and probably 25 shorty's. smooth ride off erickson, only 9.8 mi. to the can and 11.3 to the pack.
Yes that was most likely us. Nice ride for sure and it saved me 30 bucks on fuel in the truck. Like BayCreeper said, "Its alot cheaper getting there on two cylinders vs. eight".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes that was most likely us. Nice ride for sure and it saved me 30 bucks on fuel in the truck. Like BayCreeper said, "Its alot cheaper getting there on two cylinders vs. eight".
If your not towing that 700 back to shore:lol:. My 4X4 quad seems to eat some gas getting out there, but I like it, because I run it 12 months a year. Last night I caught 2 and multiple shorties and missed a few good strikes. I was in the pack 1 mile south of bouy1. When I went to leave my quad almost didn't start:yikes:. It was cold last night. I think I am going to start hauling jumper cables..

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
we got that sled in last night. rode back out 10 miles at 9 pm. all went well except my the other guy i was with got frostbite on his ear. it was VERY cold last night

·
Registered
456 Posts
we got that sled in last night. rode back out 10 miles at 9 pm. all went well except my the other guy i was with got frostbite on his ear. it was VERY cold last night
:yikes:No Helmet?:coco:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
:yikes:No Helmet?:coco:
funny funny pick on the young guys(we have the energy to save lives:idea:)

yeah we had helmets, facemasks, hats. dude it was single digits going 70 mph trying to make it to shore. shields on the hlemets were froze in a matter of seconds. there was nothing to could do but go fast and keep your sheild up

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
and those of you who think a broken down machine is yours out there... you need a serious reality check from the young guys:smile-mad

obviously joking around, but a littel help or consideration would be nice next time

1 - 20 of 47 Posts