Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems like all i read on this sight throughout the summer was how michigan deer hunting has gone to [email protected]## and there are no big bucks in michigan - the laws/rules need to be changed - QDM has to be enforced and you have to go to ohio , iowa, illinois, etc. if you want a nice deer. there have been lots and lots of great deer posted on here this fall and it`s still only bow season ! i think maybe we need to forget the hunting shows , appreciate what we have and realize that we`re not going to shoot a boone and crocket buck everytime we go out. enjoy the `09 season !

·
Registered
12,871 Posts
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Don't believe eveything you read! There are plenty of nice/big bucks in Michigan. I would be willing to bet that you dont hear about or see most of the bigger ones killed.;)
My buddy killed a 13pt, 145" bruiser the other day. He's very secretive about his deer as i'm sure most that pursue and take trophy's are. I personally know of a couple other real good bucks killed that you wont hear about.
I personally love Michigan deer hunting!!!:D
Good luck to everyone this weekend.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i agree with that for sure! i have saw a lot of nice deer posted this year and saw nice deer in past years. Just in my general area there have been 4 quality bucks (that i personally know of) that i would be more than happy to put on my wall. I know it don't seem like many, but if this was mirrored for the majority of the state, than that would be a lot of quality deer. I know we arent a known big buck state but thats totally fine with me, i know we have some great deer, and if we keep improving our herd then things will only get better. I would prefer us to stay "under the radar" and make improvements, whatever and as slight as they might be, and have Michiganders get the nice Michigan deer we know are out there. Just my .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts